F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Hello ...Honda.....are you out there?

Old 09-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello ...Honda.....are you out there?

Open letter to HOnda......

Dear Mother Honda:

I commute to work everday on my beautiful 2004 F4i. Rain or shine, I ride my bike. I love my f4i.I have only one problem.Could you pleasemakewider mirrors!!!

When I am riding my bike,my mirrors give me a perfect view of my shoulders.Geezzz.There aretimes however, thatI wouldlike to see the traffic behind me!!!.

For example on the highway when I am changing lanes, it would be nice to see behind me.Or when I stopped at a street light.Knowing that the car behind me is going to stop does wonders for my piece of mind.

Yes I know the Hurt report stated that rear collision is a small percentage of the motorcycle accidents. But that report was written before I was born.Thingschange.Cell phones weren't around when the Hurt report was published.

You see here in America, we have moredrunk drivers, soccer moms, jerks on cell phones,speed junkies,crazytaxi drivers,doped up drivers, alltrying to kill me. Thesedrivers aren't paying attention to whats in front of them.They are more interested in answering their cell phone,changing stations and checking out their GPS. And before you know it POW.......

Yes I've tried everything youcan think of. Adjusting my mirrors, turning my head,using convex little mirrors, moving my shoulders, riding thru traffic faster than the law allows,etc.And I still feelat risk.

However if your beautiful engineers could just figure a way that we could see the traffic behind us, it might save lives in the future.

Just a thought.

Thank you.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Default RE: Hello ...Honda.....are you out there?

Hmmm... here's what I do... The outermost part of the mirror is going to have the best view around your shoulders, right? I adjust one of my mirrors inward so that for the most part I see only my chest and shoulder, but with that outermost 1/3 of the mirror, I get a good, clean look at whatever's right behind me. I know you said you've tried adjusting the mirrors, and I thought I had too, until I pulled the thing in as far as it would go, suddenly, I could see behind me using that outermost part of the mirror.

It may not work for you, but it did for me!

How wide are your shoulders, by the way?

Old 09-05-2007, 03:24 PM

I too have that problem, I see 80% of my shoulder armor and 20% of whats behind me, but it is really not even behind me. I feel ya about being paranoid from getting hit from behind. At every stop I always check my mirrors by leaning over to see if anyone is coming quickly. Also on the highway I have to lean my body over a little to check and see if someone is coming up. I have seen this bike on the highway almost got rear ended by this really fast moving car. It looked a little scary.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:26 PM

I wear a 44 size suit. I work out, but not overkill.

I just had to vent today, after having a few close calls on my way into work.I live in Atlanta, the truck capital of the world.

When I get on the highway, I try to head over to the HOV lane. That means I have about 5 to6 lanes of traffic to cross. Traffic was a bear today. Like I said, I had a few close calls with Semi-trucks.
Thanks for the tip and please forgive the venting......

Old 09-05-2007, 05:29 PM

For about a day i was toying with cutting the glass on the mirror, like just an inch in from the outside. then some very light metal angle brackets at a slight angel, to turn the mirror in. so essentially creating a split glass mirror opposite of what they make for cars (cars angle the glass out to see the blind spot). But, then i went outside and looked at the mirror and realised the mirror is kind of sealed in the plastic housing, you can't pop it out like in a car... there goes that concept

Old 09-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate the RR mirrors also, all I see is my elbows. I'm good at lifting my arms a little when I look now so I get a pretty good view.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:09 PM

Just get these and call it good.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:44 PM

Itunemirrorsto reflect what's becide me, not behind. I think it is more important.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:28 PM

ORIGINAL: waterbrat

I wear a 44 size suit. I work out, but not overkill.

I just had to vent today, after having a few close calls on my way into work.I live in Atlanta, the truck capital of the world.

When I get on the highway, I try to head over to the HOV lane. That means I have about 5 to6 lanes of traffic to cross. Traffic was a bear today. Like I said, I had a few close calls with Semi-trucks.
Thanks for the tip and please forgive the venting......
LOL..I ONLY use the hov to and from work..But even then the idiots out there make that hard..I commute from stockbridge to duluth on mine(45 miles with only 23 of it hov)..So it can be hair raising at times..

Ive gotten use to just resting my hand on my leg and end up looking between my arm to see behind me..Scary feeling esp when jerks tailgate..

Old 09-06-2007, 03:17 AM

my freind just gave me his 07' GSXR turn signal mirrors and they work great...plus they have the turnsignals in them....which I love! I can now see much more behind me...not just my shoulders!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hello ...Honda.....are you out there?