F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Hello, Future F4i owner?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 08:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hangfire
Funny thing is, if most people, including those from this site, decided to sell their f4i they'd go post an ad and prolly ask for around 4-4.5 grand. But if they aren't the ones selling then nothing's really worth much, lol.

To be completely fair, it's the beginning of the riding season, bike prices are high right now and f4i's are pretty desirable bikes. Prized by stunters and considered an extremely good looking bike with a tank like engine. The time for finding that killer deal on an f4i is kinda past this far into the season. Only chance you have now is finding someone who really needs the money for some reason and then jew him down. Basically go douchebag and screw some poor slob, who also happens to be a fellow biker, out of what he needs the most at that time, cash. Or wait till the end of the season and try to swoop in when the prices go back down due to people not wanting to store them.

4k is not a bad price for a f4i right now, in the slightest. Depending on how bad the "light road rash" is you might have bargaining space but I wouldn't expect much. And no, if anyones wondering if I paid a ton for mine and am trying to justify, nope, got one hell of a deal on mine. Everyone has some story of some awesome deal they got on some awesome thing due to them being so awesome. Forget all that, 4k is a fair price for a good running f4i in decent shape at this point in the season, end of story.
There are definitely still deals out there. This bike here is being sold by a dealer, or at least that's what the description leads me to believe with "The owner." I was looking for a good 2 months and had a fairly large search area and had to pass up on 2 really good bikes that were selling in the 2's to low 3's because of new born babies. However they were out of my state and were sold on the day they were listed. I ended up finding a 2002 with 10k miles 3 1/2 hours away for $3760. The bike has some road rash and the CCT needs to be replaced. I was already making plans to change the color of the bike so the road rash didn't bother me. But the bike also came with a seal/gasket Pinnacle warranty until Feb 2010. I bought the bike last week. There are always deals out there no matter the time of the year. You just have to bite your tongue and be patient.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:26 AM

I just purchased my '02 F4i (with 5809 mi.) from a dealer last week. They were asking $4480 I talked them down to $3850, but had to pay(at dealer cost) to have the cct replaced. That ran about $250. Had I found this site before hand I would have changed it myself and would have felt better about the deal. Over all I am very pleased with my purchase.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Hangfire
Deals huh? So you got a bike with half the miles, rash and a shot cct needing to be replaced for 240 less than what I stated was a fair price for a decent, good running f4i was. And you had to drive three and a half hours to do it? Wow, what a bargain. After replacing the cct and repairing the rash your well over the 4 grand I qouted as a fair price so umm, ok. Fact is after you got your bike fixed you spent as much as this guy is considering spending even if he didn't bargain it down a cent. So why the big fuss over the price? If it's in as good a shape as it seems in that pic, it's a buy and ride deal, no repairs necessary.
Ya, I would say that a $40 replacement part for a 2002 with 10k miles on it for $3760 and a 1 year warranty beats the hell out of this deal. The only rash on it is a couple scratches on the crankcase since he already installed sliders that took the brunt of the blow. He dropped it in a parking lot... not like he was going 30 mph around a corner and hit some gravel. This bike has rash, dented mid pipe, and no turn signals...