CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Hello, Future F4i owner? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/hello-future-f4i-owner-93665/)

Googs 05-17-2009 04:21 AM

Hello, Future F4i owner?

Hello there Honda owners. I have been looking for a bike off and on and have come across one near me. I figured I would post the bike here and see what you all think of it and the price. This is the one I am looking at currently, any opinions are greatly appreciated. Looking forward to becoming an owner!

https://cbrforum.com/forum/picture.p...pictureid=3092

Here is the descripton of the bike on the site.

This one has some light 'road-rash' but runs out good, has new chain and sprokets, good tires and 18,870 miles. The owner has a new baby in the house and wants to free up some cash...$4195.00.

Uniqsol 05-17-2009 07:17 AM

Little high IMO. I think I over paid for mine ($4000) and it is exactly like that one but with 12K miles. If you can get it for under $4000 I would go for it. But at the end of the day it is only $200 more...really your decision.

Theres my 2 cents.

RamVA 05-17-2009 08:11 AM

It's worth no more than $3500.

ali7up 05-17-2009 10:15 AM

bike looks nice but the price is too high. i bought a 03 f4i with 6600 miles for $3500 with little "road rash" about a month back. so try to get it close to 3500 if not under

nickpriv 05-17-2009 10:48 AM

the thing with the F4i's is if you're patient and look hard enough you can get a great bike for a steal. I paid 4500 for an 04 but it only had 850 miles on it, so it was basically brand new. I think for a bike with high(er) mileage and 'road rash' anything over 4k is too much..

teko1020 05-17-2009 11:22 AM

You can get a much better deal than that from a private seller. Stay away from dealers.

f4i_hawk 05-17-2009 06:06 PM

Also you would have to consider replacing the dented exhaust pipe ... could be costly depending on where you get it done.

Hangfire 05-17-2009 09:06 PM

Funny thing is, if most people, including those from this site, decided to sell their f4i they'd go post an ad and prolly ask for around 4-4.5 grand. But if they aren't the ones selling then nothing's really worth much, lol.

To be completely fair, it's the beginning of the riding season, bike prices are high right now and f4i's are pretty desirable bikes. Prized by stunters and considered an extremely good looking bike with a tank like engine. The time for finding that killer deal on an f4i is kinda past this far into the season. Only chance you have now is finding someone who really needs the money for some reason and then jew him down. Basically go douchebag and screw some poor slob, who also happens to be a fellow biker, out of what he needs the most at that time, cash. Or wait till the end of the season and try to swoop in when the prices go back down due to people not wanting to store them.

4k is not a bad price for a f4i right now, in the slightest. Depending on how bad the "light road rash" is you might have bargaining space but I wouldn't expect much. And no, if anyones wondering if I paid a ton for mine and am trying to justify, nope, got one hell of a deal on mine. Everyone has some story of some awesome deal they got on some awesome thing due to them being so awesome. Forget all that, 4k is a fair price for a good running f4i in decent shape at this point in the season, end of story.

Pilot16 05-17-2009 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Hangfire (Post 785795)

To be completely fair, it's the beginning of the riding season, bike prices are high right now and f4i's are pretty desirable bikes. Prized by stunters and considered an extremely good looking bike with a tank like engine. The time for finding that killer deal on an f4i is kinda past this far into the season. Only chance you have now is finding someone who really needs the money for some reason and then jew him down. Basically go douchebag and screw some poor slob, who also happens to be a fellow biker, out of what he needs the most at that time, cash. Or wait till the end of the season and try to swoop in when the prices go back down due to people not wanting to store them.

+1 even though I did grab one with 18k, no scraches, for 3300 just a week ago.

Zero1080 05-18-2009 01:30 AM

Look into it. The tail pipe, why's it dented? Look at the fairings? Have they been resprayed? Where are the front turn signals. I'd try and low ball em at 3300. and then pay no more than 3750.