F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Headlights not working suddenly PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights not working suddenly PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello all and good day/evening to you. I have an 01 F4i with about 43,000 miles as my main mode of transportation and had something very very weird happen all of a sudden today. I am totally lost as well as screwed for my main mode of transportation. =/ Today when starting the bike up to leave for work, the lights did not come on. So I started it and turned it off two times and then they worked fine. Left work tonight and rode about 12 miles parked the bike, when to ride home another 15 miles and the lights were totally non functional. I started it numerous times/shut it off again and no luck. Pulled into the gas station to fill up. When I would put it into neutral, it would also make this weird whining/spinning sound of some sort. I rode home the rest of the way 15 miles at night with no lights. VERY dangerous. I just ordered a used stator cover w/ stator included off ebay a couple days ago and have been riding for two days no problems. The rear tail lights still work as well as the turn signals. I will be checking the fuses tomarrow morning. I have no multimeter etc and cash is very very tight atm. For lights I have two ddm hid's. I am not sure if a bad stator could cause this or if it's the regulator/rectifier. I am not even sure if the regulator and regulator are the same things or two different things. The bike still runs like a bat out of hell. No issues there. The HID's are less than 6 months old. It has been raining VERY heavily here for the past 4 or 5 days. I have been riding to work on it. It was sadly left in the rain also two of those days because I was so tired from work that I screwed up and didn't cover it. =/ I seriously need your help. I';m so screwed at the moment. Thank you so much in advance for all of your responses. Oh yes and while I was at the gas station, another wierd thing was when I had the engine start switch in the run position as soon as I turned the key to the on position the bike would start with out me ever hitting the start button. It is not doing that now though. Thanks again.

Best Regards

Last edited by HotWheels; 12-04-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:41 AM

Never mind never mind stupid me. I found a similar post where someone had the same problem. I must have accidentally looked over it since I didn't see it at first I guess due to me stressing out so much. It was just the stuck starter lever. I pulled it out a bit more with my finger and walla it works. Wd40 tomarrow! I tried to find a delete button to delete my post but didn't see one. Sorry for my noobness here. >.<

Old 12-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HotWheels
Never mind never mind stupid me. I found a similar post where someone had the same problem. I must have accidentally looked over it since I didn't see it at first I guess due to me stressing out so much. It was just the stuck starter lever. I pulled it out a bit more with my finger and walla it works. Wd40 tomarrow! I tried to find a delete button to delete my post but didn't see one. Sorry for my noobness here. >.<
No big, we've all been there at some point in time. Worse case, you catch some good natured abuse.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:44 PM

glad you Figured it out lol i had same issue couple Weeks Ago. Wd-40 did it For me, no probs since