F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Head light question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head light question

On low beam one lights comes on. High two beams. Would I be pull over if I have high beams on at night all the time? Would the cop know or care?

thanks

Old 04-16-2013, 10:45 AM

I usually ride around during the day into the evening with the high beam on so everyone else can see me better. When it gets dark I try to ride with only the low beam to be courteous to other drivers. I do click between the high/low when the road opens up in front of me so I can see better but if there is a car in front me or oncoming traffic I try to keep the low only. I assume a cop sees us the same as a cage driver in that regard.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:21 AM

I think it is unlikely a cop would pull you over for having the high beams on, especially since to the unknowing it appears that it is normal operation for the bike (when I have the low beams on, I have had several people tell me a headlight is out).

You never know, but I think you would be safe riding with the high beams on.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JayB
I usually ride around during the day into the evening with the high beam on so everyone else can see me better. When it gets dark I try to ride with only the low beam to be courteous to other drivers. I do click between the high/low when the road opens up in front of me so I can see better but if there is a car in front me or oncoming traffic I try to keep the low only. I assume a cop sees us the same as a cage driver in that regard.
Same way I ride, a good balance between being visible and courteous to other drivers.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:30 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Don't ride with your high beams on all the time at night. It's dangerous for other drivers, and subsequently you also. I'm sure you don't like it when you see cars driving with their high beams on - same principal.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:56 PM

Ya I agree. But is not really high beam. Cause the angle of the beam do not change just the 2nd one come on.

While we r talking about manners. I see guys park their bikes in front of the doors. Where is it appropriate to do so. Caus rot will definitely save on parking. Lol.

New rider lots of dum questions. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:15 PM

i ride with my highbeams on but i aim it lower so i wont be blinding anyone.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts

If your high beam doesn't shine higher and brighter than just the low beam it needs to be adjusted, something is wrong.

Parking your bike in front of a door or sidewalk can/may get you a ticket in many places.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by omg209
i ride with my highbeams on but i aim it lower so i wont be blinding anyone.
That brings up a qood question: How many have adjusted their high beam light lower for full time night use?

Old 04-16-2013, 09:14 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Originally Posted by jin27us@yahoo.com
Ya I agree. But is not really high beam. Cause the angle of the beam do not change just the 2nd one come on.

While we r talking about manners. I see guys park their bikes in front of the doors. Where is it appropriate to do so. Caus rot will definitely save on parking. Lol.

New rider lots of dum questions. Thanks in advance.
You type dumb, too.

The high beam on the F4i is just that - a high beam. If it isn't angled properly, that should be fixed. Lowering it as a second low beam is stupid, because then when you actually want / need to see farther, you can't.

Get an HID for your low beam for more light, or if you want the ultimate awesomeness, retrofit two bi-xenon HID projectors into your headlight, then you'll have both dual low and high beam HID sexy time.

Quick Reply: Head light question