F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Have you replaced your cct?

Old 11-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you replaced your cct?

Just wondering who has replaced thier cct. How many miles were on your bike when you started to hear the cct getting noisy? Mine only has 2300 miles and I can here it starting to rattle. I bought the APE but havn't installed it yet. Anyone have any problems installing the APE cct? Just worried about the whole finding TDC thing. Don't know if a poll like this has been done before, but what the hell.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Banned
Default RE: Have you replaced your cct?

Mine was noisy from day one, zero miles. now at 9500 miles it is still noisy.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:26 AM

Have got this problem, the milage is about 20 k km. I bought my bike from japan and it had already had cct noise. This winter i'm going to replace it.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:38 PM

my bike was noisy when i bought it,put an APE cct on it and it was fixed.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im at 18K miles on my '01 and...you can hear the CCT, but its not as bad as some i've heard (i could hear it riding behind their bike!!!). im in no rush to change mine until its absolutely bothering me. i've got the part here at my house, but i'll wait till its neccessary.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought a new OEM one on ebay - $25 - I'll dissect it as much as possible, and if I think it's usable I'll install, otherwise APE here I come...

Noise is annoying - and seems to be worse as the temps drop - now it's rattling around 3K louder than before. - Have to keep the revs way up to live with it.

Winter projects...

Old 11-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup... changed mine a couple times. I was actually suprised how long the original lasted though.... changed it out for the first time for another OEM auto CCT at 32k miles (about 2 weeks after the warranty expired, lol). The new one only lasted about 13k or so, then I modified it using the bolt and locknut trick. That worked GREAT for a long long time, but the constant pressure took it's toll on the threads inside the CCT and made them very loose. When I took the CCT out at 100k to do the valve adjustment, it didn't want to go back into place, even with the bolt. I had a little incident where it jumped a thread and overtightened the cam chain while I was riding, and it started making some horrific noises (scared the crap out of me... I thought it was done!). Replaced it with an APE manual and it's been quiet as a mouse ever since... works FANTASTIC! Highly recommended

Old 11-09-2007, 09:39 PM

It's pretty noisy w/ 17k on the bike. I've wanted to change it, but can't really justify the expense. Bought a different exhaust (a bit louder than the Yosh) and don't hardly notice it anymore. Might change it one of these days, but it's not really a priority.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Banned

I ordered the APE. From what I understand it is the only way to go. I will change it asap...

Old 11-10-2007, 12:27 PM

Got one on order from the factory (they have an upgraded part) and putting it on next weekend. as for the AEP its sounds like the way to go but i dont want to worry about it. i just want to set it and forget it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Have you replaced your cct?