F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Have you ever had a flat tire on your Motorcycle while out riding?

Old 07-08-2006, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you ever had a flat tire on your Motorcycle while out riding?

Hello,
As I was lube/servicing the chain on my bike this evening in the garage I got to thinking about the issues(besides the potential hazard) that would have to be dealt with if one were to get a flat tire while out riding. I am curious how many have actually had to deal with a flat tire on the road.....

Thanks,
-John

Old 07-09-2006, 12:19 AM
Default RE: Have you ever had a flat tire on your Motorcycle while out riding?

I had a front tire get a small puncture from a nail in it. The leak was slow enough for me to fill up the tire, limp down the road, make it to the next gas station, several times until I came to our local Bike shop 40 miles away.

Old 07-09-2006, 12:58 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been lucky in that the only completely flat tire I got, it went flat sitting in my garage overnight. Went to leave the next morning and the rear was flat as a pancake from a nail I got probably the day before. I got a nail in my front tire too but I caught it before it went flat. Whenever I go on a long trip I carry a tire plug kit and a small 12V air pump just in case

Old 07-09-2006, 01:20 AM

is your bike brand new? I just bought a brand new RR and from what I understand for the first year you are a Honda riders club member and that has roadside assistance for free I believe.

Old 07-09-2006, 01:22 AM

sorry that was to Jleosnow

Old 07-09-2006, 01:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Oli@24out

is your bike brand new? I just bought a brand new RR and from what I understand for the first year you are a Honda riders club member and that has roadside assistance for free I believe.
Oli@24out,
No............My bike is a 2002 CBR 600F4i.

Thanks,
-John

[IMG]local://upfiles/8258/23224372C50144F9AAA5FA7F1F94AC74.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-09-2006, 02:06 AM
Fox
Banned

No.

I'd like to think I check my tires before every ride. MAYBE NOT EVERY ride, but at least every other.

Old 07-09-2006, 03:52 AM

I was riding 2 up & I kept on thinking that my fat friend was shifting around which was causing the bike to sway. Stopped to yell at him only to see that the rear was flat [8D]. This was probably 5-6 yrs back. Now, I always check the tire pressure before each ride.

I'm always paranoid about flats, I've ridden on a flat in my cage, enuff for the rubber to actually melt on the rims. So anytime my cage or bike behaves like somethings wrong with the rubber I pull up & check

Old 07-09-2006, 04:37 AM

I have had the back tire go flat on me due to a metal truck pull out in front of me and dropped a nail and my tire somehow found the only nail in the road and couple secs after i hit it the back tire started to "sway" or the feeling you are on jello kinda i felt that and pulled over i was going about 50 when it happened so that was all i still had control over the bike pretty much though but never want it to happen again thats for sure

Old 07-11-2006, 10:55 PM

Unfortunately i have had a flat tire while riding. On my F2 i was riding down a country road and was going through a constuction zone. While riding through pretty slow, one of the guys working out there looked at me and said, looks like your tire might need a little air. Looked down and it was pretty flat, which sucked. It held up long enough to make it to the next driveway, but the back end was moving around like all get out on the way there. I found the hole while i was looking it over and it was a pretty nice one. Trailered it and got a new one put on, then not too much longer after the new tire the bike got stolen. Damn luck, but insurance is a good thing. For the most part i would keep it under 100 with a flat tire.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Have you ever had a flat tire on your Motorcycle while out riding?