Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anybody tried one of these:

Has anybody tried one of these:

http://www.helmetaudio.com/item--Thr...ble--tm25.html

Are they any good?

Old 11-23-2006, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Has anybody tried one of these:

I just purchased two throat mics from helmet audio for my girlfriend and i. Cost me $65 with shipping i got them in about 3-4 days. Mine hae 2mics and are adjustable that im using with my motorola T5300 radios and so far im having trouble with them. Mine fits my neck fine with the extension all the way out and my girlfriend can hear me well but with my girlfriends small neck, hers doesnt fit when its all the way closed wich makes it hard to understand what she is saying because the mics are not tight against her neck. And the ear piece is a rubber air hose with a fitting for your ear on the end but the hose is way to long but i dont want to cut it and make it shorter if its gonna change the sound at all. But my biggest problem is the mics have a push to talk button wich works fine for both of us but if i put mine on vox and hers on ptt she can hear me while im talking and when i stop talking my raido still transmits and she cant push her button or use vox to talk to me. So im going to call helmet audio and find out whats up with the vox and why if they are adjustable from 12-15 inches and my girlfriends neck is 13" why it doesnt fit her. Just what i have experianced so far