F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Harbor Freight Paddle Adaptor

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 05:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harbor Freight Paddle Adaptor

Does anyone know how to obtain paddle adapters for a Harbor Freight rear spool stand? I tried contacting Harbor Freight about it and they told me they didn't make them anymore, but there should be aftermarket stuff available, although they didn't tell me anywhere I could get them and I haven't had any luck searching Ebay or anywhere online.

Any thoughts? Also, why didn't the bikes come with spots for spools in the first place!?

Old 08-03-2016, 07:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you talking about the shiney silver aluminum one, that you have to bolt together? I've got two of them. I had a different HF paddle stand that friggin sucked, the paddles sucked, it was bent, didnt sit flat. I threw it in the garbage, but I kept the hard plastic wheels from it. Because the clear silicone rubber wheels on the shiney aluminum stand get flat spot on them when you leave the bike sit on it too long (months at a time) so I replace them with the hard plastic wheels. Not that any of that will help you out. So your problem is you dont have paddles and you dont have spool mounts on you swingarm. So you're going to have to come up with something on your own. HF aint gonna help you. Look on ebay for parts or adapters. With my old 94 CBR F2 600 I had to use a paddle stand, but the bike tends to slide down until the rear tire touches the ground. I didnt like that. Especially when the rear wheel is off the bike. You go to put it back on and now the bike aint high enough to get the wheel back on. I converted it to spools. Well worth the spool conversion.