F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Had my first accident today!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Had my first accident today!!

ORIGINAL: virtualbong

Good case of live and learn. I'm glad your ok, but try to ride safer man, so that we don't read another thread with you being in much, much worse condition.
Yaaaaaa it was stupid!! stupid stupid stupid. I kept replaying it in my mind over and over last night. I know there are about 10,000 things I could have done different. But oh well, your right live and learn!

Old 01-06-2006, 01:38 PM

Main thing you are ok, and u can get ure bike fixed..glad to hear that...Take it easy man hope ure knee isnt too f'd up...

Old 01-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Retired Administrator

Glad you're ok. Are the forks ok on the bike after the hit? I walked into a local shop and noticed a 1000RR with the steering head cracked off. It was all laid out like a chopper. I assumed a major high speed hit into the *** of something... the shop claimed the guy said he was doing about 35. Make sure you have it looked at, wouldn't want any surprises once you get it up to speed.

Old 01-06-2006, 04:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with the type of impact, i would let the shop handle most of the work and do the stuff you can do.
like don says, you can have issues with the steering head, jacked up alignment, bent forks, etc. they need to make sure the bike will ride straight and what not.

sup with the noob crashing and then littering and throwing his blinker in the woods? now some deer is going to choke on it mang!

Old 01-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Banned

Deer are vermin. Maybe a gator will eat it.

Old 01-06-2006, 07:18 PM
Retired Mod

glad to hear that you are ok. i would take all the plastics off and take it to a dealer and make sure everything is still straight. and then do whatever needs to be done by yourself. good luck and get well soon.

Old 01-06-2006, 10:33 PM

ORIGINAL: NINE2NINE

glad to hear that you are ok. i would take all the plastics off and take it to a dealer and make sure everything is still straight. and then do whatever needs to be done by yourself. good luck and get well soon.
I think thats what I will do. I will keep you all updated with the rebuild!!!!

Old 01-07-2006, 02:58 PM

Damn that sucks, sorry to hear about that.

Old 01-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Fox
Banned

I have a few friends that ride very close to other cars. They're still riding off center, in the driver's mirrors, but way to close for me. A few times that driver gets cut-off or almost misses their turn and they slam on the brakes. Pretty scary. At least it wasn't a costly error other than maybe a diagnostic fee at the shop, some fairings and a turn signal.

Old 01-09-2006, 06:58 PM

ORIGINAL: mikem317

I have a few friends that ride very close to other cars. They're still riding off center, in the driver's mirrors, but way to close for me. A few times that driver gets cut-off or almost misses their turn and they slam on the brakes. Pretty scary. At least it wasn't a costly error other than maybe a diagnostic fee at the shop, some fairings and a turn signal.
Yeah looks like my income tax refund is going straight into the bike this year. I think I might repaint the whole bike the Black and Silver stock design. That way I will just have to repaint the Tank and buy new cowls. Im going to put some flush mounted turn signals on the front. Its going to look brand new when Im done with it. I will keep posting new pictures as I go so you can all see the progress.

Anyone know where I can get a new set of plastics? I want everything Front Cowl, Side Cowls, Rear Cowl. I dont want there to be a scratch on the bike when Im done. Oh ya its a 2001 F4i. Thanks in advance!!

Well its 4 days after the crash and I still cant bend me knee haha. it hurts like hell but I will be fine. Im not getting back on the bike until I get a new Helmet, Pants and Boots. I guess Im pretty lucky I didnt break anything. Soooo Im not going to chance it next time.

Quick Reply: Had my first accident today!!