F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Had my first accident today!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 01:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had my first accident today!!

Yep totally my fault too. Following to close to a car and that car got cutoff. I was looking down for some reason and by the time I looked up i was right on top of the other car. Locked up the front brake and went right over the top. My bike hit the other car and threw me to the left side of the car. Messed up my knee but that was it! Proof all that saftey gear really does work. Well I think all the damage is just cosmetic. It started right up right after the crash, so thats good news I guess. I got all the fairings off today and looks like everything is alright. Anything I can do to make sure everything is ok? This is my first bike so I pretty much know ZERO about it. There should be pics in my photo album of the damage, because I couldnt figure out how to make them thumbnails on this post. Let me know if you cant find the pics and I will try to get them on here.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:06 AM
Default RE: Had my first accident today!!

sorry to hear about that! glad to hear you're fine though. what kind of gear did you have on? also... your pics didn't show...

Old 01-06-2006, 01:10 AM

I had a fieldsheer Mach 4 Jacket on, Alpinestar Sp2 Gloves, HJC CL-14 Helmet., Jeans, and Sneakers. And the only thing I hurt was my knee and foot. See I should of had riding pants and boots on. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. Just feels like someone beat me up. My neck is a little sore and my knee is the size of a volvo. But thats about it.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:44 AM

imagine what would have happened w/o any gear on???? yikes!!

Old 01-06-2006, 01:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cbr04

his head would be the size of a volvo too?

haahah...j/k...glad you're ok mang! good thing you were wearing gear....makes me proud!
you know...i was on the freeway and i saw some dude with all gear and as he rode by, i waved and cringed when i saw that he was wearing shorts!

Old 01-06-2006, 03:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

ORIGINAL: cbr04

his head would be the size of a volvo too?

haahah...j/k...glad you're ok mang! good thing you were wearing gear....makes me proud!
you know...i was on the freeway and i saw some dude with all gear and as he rode by, i waved and cringed when i saw that he was wearing shorts!
ya the helmet is toast. I honestly dont remember much about it. I just remember hearing the brakes lock and then I was getting up off the ground. SUCKED!

Old 01-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry about that man. Glad it wasn't worse. You gonna do the repairs yourself or take it to a shop?

Old 01-06-2006, 10:37 AM
Banned

Glad to hear you are in one piece.

I was looking down for some reason and by the time I looked up i was right on top of the other car.
I find myself doing this once in a while, I think it has something to do with being amazed that an engine can rev like that so you just HAVE to just look at the tach.

Like my buddy said the other day when I hit some gravel (going fairly slow, but still avoidable, rookie mistake) and scuffed up my bike, boots, jacket, and gloves, 'Plastic is fixable'. We cut off my turn signal, threw it in the woods, and kept on riding. It is amazing how you can slip in the shower, hit your head and die, but sometimes you can crash a motorcycle, get up and ride away.

As long as you are OK that is all that matters, check out the Helmet Shop in Daytona, sometimes they have great deals on helmets.

Old 01-06-2006, 10:38 AM

Good case of live and learn. I'm glad your ok, but try to ride safer man, so that we don't read another thread with you being in much, much worse condition.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

Sorry about that man. Glad it wasn't worse. You gonna do the repairs yourself or take it to a shop?
I think I will do everything myself. I used to work on cars alot so im comfortable doing repairs like that. Looks like I will just have to replace minor stuff. Mirrors, Clutch Lever, Cowls, Turn Signals. I think I can save a few bucks if I do it myself. Think thats a good idea or should I just send it in to a shop and tell them to fix all of it?

Quick Reply: Had my first accident today!!