CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Habits: Do you use your killswitch? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/habits-do-you-use-your-killswitch-110419/)

DBEAU 05-10-2010 09:58 PM

Habits: Do you use your killswitch?

Over the years I have found that develop certain habits with my bike. One specific habit has recently stood out because my friends have gotten back into riding. I've noticed that I never use the killswitch. At the beginning of the day I turn the bike on, the killswitch is already up to I start it up, let it warm and go. At the end of the day I simply put the kickstand down and turn the key and walk away...

My friends are always flipping their killswitches on and off for whatever reason which makes me think about my lack of killswitch use. I try telling them that they don't have to bother with it so much but they just brush my comments off...

Do you use your killswitch often?

Any other habits that stand out to you?

Kuroshio 05-10-2010 10:06 PM

I stopped using the kill switch with the install of my remote start alarm. The remote start won't work if the kill switch is engaged.

Only habit I really notice is when I put down the kickstand, I roll the bike back a little to be sure it's fully extended. I notice it because if I back my bike into a parking spot and the rear tire hits the curb before I put down the stand, I'll actually roll it back forward and then do it again to roll it back with the stand down :p

kilgoretrout 05-10-2010 10:29 PM

I never use the kill switch. Key or sidestand.... right or wrong... :)

joelacer 05-10-2010 10:46 PM

Yeah I never use mine either. In fact I've been stumped a couple of times trying to figure out why it wouldn't start when I somehow bumped the killswitch on by accident. Lol we are creatures of habit I suppose.

andyriot 05-10-2010 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by joelacer (Post 919415)
In fact I've been stumped a couple of times trying to figure out why it wouldn't start when I somehow bumped the killswitch on by accident.

+1 but only for a second, then i feel really stupid afterwards haha

redzintimidator 05-10-2010 10:56 PM

Nope never...unless im in some strange balancing position and cannot take my hand off the levers to turn the bike off, or stand down

halffast1g 05-10-2010 11:04 PM

The more you flip that switch, the faster your going to need to replace it. The previous owner of my f2 broke two kill switches constantly flipping it on and off all of the time. When the switch breaks, it no longer makes contact and the bike will not start, that is why I use the key only

canhead64 05-10-2010 11:14 PM

i've only used mine when i accidentally flipped it going down the road

manny04 05-10-2010 11:38 PM

i forgot i had one.lol..only time i ever remember using it was when i first bought the bike, and was trying out every single button, after that not at all, kinda pointless.. Am waiting for somebody to reply with some smart answer to why its important to use it, so far its 9-0.

kowen1208 05-11-2010 12:07 AM

I only ever use mine when I want to turn the bike off, but keep it upright and ready to turn back on instantly. That's a rare occasion. I normally just use the kickstand to kill it.