F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

h7 headlights wont fit

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 02:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h7 headlights wont fit

i just bought some h7 headlight bulbs and they wont fit in my stock harness the prongs on the h7 bulb are alot smaller than the headlights and harness in there now does anyone know what i have to do to get the h7 bulbs to fit in my harness thank

Old 06-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Default RE: h7 headlights wont fit

i just changed mine out the other day, it took forever!!! from the old bulb, u need to take off the black thing that is plugged onto the old bulb and stick it on the new bulb. Other than that, ur fine. You might also want to have a friend near by to help u put the screw back on to the unit cuz someone will need to hold down the spring wire.

Old 06-18-2006, 09:48 PM

Guys:

You donĀ“t have to mess with the screw to change the bulb. Just press a little bit the spring wire forward and lift it up. The base of the light housing has a "C" shape to lock the spring wire. As Tommy says, the bulb is attached to a black plastic socket. Just pull the old bulb and plug the new one. H7 is the OEM bulb (high/low beams) size, so thereĀ“s no way another H7 not to fit.

Regards.

Old 06-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Banned

The great thing about the F4i and this forum is that whatever you decide to try, you are probably not the first. Usually someone else has gone through the pain and suffering and has posted....hence the search function.

Old 06-19-2006, 01:39 AM

just a heads up...dont touch the bulb with your bare fingers. the oils on your hand will cause it to heat up then burn out a lot sooner than its supposed to.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:17 PM

thanks guys but the funny thing is... i tried doing the headlights like 4 times now and i cant seem to find what you guys are talking about with the clip and pull the wires out im afriad to mess it up really bad so if someone could help me out alittle more i would really apperciate it.. thanks

Old 06-20-2006, 04:46 AM

Mikus, I am having a bit hard of time following what others have posted as well. However, its is not clear what you have stated. My question is what is smaller the prong size, bulb size, harness, and which bulbs/harness are you talking about the new stuff or the stock?

Old 06-20-2006, 10:22 AM
Banned

You donĀ“t have to mess with the screw to change the bulb. Just press a little bit the spring wire forward and lift it up. The base of the light housing has a "C" shape to lock the spring wire.
Mikus, Moto explained it pretty well, but maybe this will help.....

I believe the wire is only attached to one part of this clip, so it will swing perpendicular to the housing when you lift it up. One side of the clip you can move, the other isn't. I also believe there is a black Honda adapter that is 'keyed' to a certain orientation so the bulb wont vibrate or turn.

That honda adapter may want to stick to the old buld, but it is removable.

If you do touch the bulb, clean it well with isopropyl alcohol.

You may have to loosen the fairings and remove or move the plastic that runs along the top of the fairing.

good luck.

Old 06-21-2006, 02:01 AM

When I did the headlight mod, the only thing that needed to be removed were the black plastic RAM AIR covers so i could have more room to work.
Fishfryer, that a good pont. DO NOT TOUCH THE BULB.
Also, the bulb fits in only 1 position into the housing. The bulb has a piece of tin (rectangular) that you have to match into the housing with the same shape.

Regards

Old 06-30-2006, 05:47 AM

When you pull the bulbs out of the housing, there will be a black plastic thing attached to the back of the bulb...that is the plug adapter. It must be pulled off the old bulb and put on the new bulb. Think of it as an adapter. That black plastic plug does not normally come with the bulb, which is why your bulbs don't fit.

GL

Quick Reply: h7 headlights wont fit