F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Gun mount for rear seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 01:43 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+2, and if you have a jacket on, you shouldn't have trouble concealing.

I would say that your chest (lower) or front hip area are probably least likely to contact anything in a crash. The outside of the hips and tailbone however are another story.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:02 AM

While on the bike I just carry mine in my inside jacket pocket mostly because it is easy access. If something were to happen and I needed it I don't want to be slowed down by getting off the bike and taking off the seat to retrieve my weapon. The rest of the time I carry it in the swell of my back. Beside, on my bike there really is no room for anything, hardly even enough room for a tube of lipstick, lol.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:39 AM

Shoulder rig
Problem solved

Old 02-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got to say, I endorse the 'carry on your person' approach. If you're gonna carry
in public, the firearm should be in your physical control, at all times. Securing in a
car/truck, is sort-of, acceptable, but a bike is too easy to out-right carry-off.

That said, if you insist, have you considered trying to mount one of the finger-safes?
Some of them are pretty compact and it would add one extra layer to the over-all
security. Still easy for you to access, though.

Ern

Old 02-22-2012, 06:28 PM

lol that would be cool to arm up the bike lol show some pic if u get it done yea lol

Old 02-22-2012, 10:39 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Banana seat f4i's have no room for the gun to move under the seat in the rear tray, are split seats that different?
I don't ride without a backpack, so I always carry my gun in there. In states that aren't as gun friendly as AZ it serves another purpose: Carrying in your backpack doesn't require a ccw as its not "on your person". Your technically transporting it. I carried this way for a year before I got my ccw [which was a couple years before AZ stopped requiring ccw's]

Old 02-28-2012, 10:44 AM

I can fit my glock 19 in a galco leather iwb holster under the seat of my 03 f4i but I never keep it there it is either on my hip or in my backpack. I have a cch permit but in NC I can open carry but I usually don't

Old 02-28-2012, 01:21 PM

I personally carry my Ruger Bodygaurd 38 special in an inside the pants holster positioned on my strong side rear hip. I tighten my belt and tuck my shirt in in the rear and it holds it firm against my body and very easy to get to if need be.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:00 PM

flo, if u r still looking for someway to get ur gun under the rear seat maybe this will help. my dad had one of these in his truck an it isnt much bigger than the gun. it might fit an work for u. heres a link. its called a life jacket

Life Jacket Gun Locks (LifeJacket)

Old 02-28-2012, 05:12 PM

Ever consider a tank bag? Plenty of room, easy access, if you do wreck you won't have to worry about that chunk of metal causing more damage to your person, and if it's a magnetic bag it pops right off the tank when you get to your destination.

Quick Reply: Gun mount for rear seat