F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

got screwed...what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got screwed...what should i do?

ok so theres a guy on heremotopsychozwho had posted a tail fairing for sale. so we set up the deal and i send him the money via pay pal. 3 days goes by and i message him asking if he sent it out and then he tells me today he refunded my money. theres no refund in my pay pal account. i got the dudes ip address and **** but only so much you can do with that. any advice? can you dispute stuff on pay pal?

Old 07-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Registered Users
Default RE: got screwed...what should i do?

definitely file a paypal dispute....trust...me as a seller, paypal sucks...as a buyer they are awesome...file a claim...forward them the email that he refunded you the money....they would know if he did...if not...they will debit it against his account....don't worry...they will pretty much pay you...even if you are lying.....don't get me started on how sh*tty they are to sellers....

Old 07-20-2007, 07:57 PM

well im definatly not lying but the guy says maybe the just havent taken the money out of his account which i think is some bull**** cause everytime i send money it gets there immediately and funny how its taking its time to get back to me but thanks for the advice fingers i still dont think ur gonna get that exhaust lol

Old 07-20-2007, 08:08 PM
Registered Users

funny jdub....on the paypal thing...definitely file....if you have problems, let me know..i have been in a 4 month battle with paypal...so i can give you some insight...

as for the exhaust...that's fine....keep telling yourself that...and once my exhaust makes you have to change your pants, you'll be saying sorry....hahaha.....don't worry, i'll take a ton of pics for ya!!

Old 07-20-2007, 09:26 PM

+1 You will def get your money back

Old 07-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

why would he refund your money ? is there something you are leaving out or did he just tell you outta the blue " i refunded your money" ? right now he has a sale up for 2 helmets .. is this guy another scammer , or did your deal just go bad ?

Old 07-20-2007, 09:53 PM

ok this is the story....the dude put up in the classifieds that he was selling an OEM tail fairing for $130 with minor rash....i was like holy **** thats one hell of a deal so i messaged him we set it up i send him $130 immediately...then he says he gotta find a box to ship it so 3 days go by and yesterday i message him asking if he sent it out yet and he ignored my message so today i message him asking what the deal was and he says "oh i already refunded your money" im like ummmm ok well nice of you to tell me this instead of having me wait for a part im not gonna get....so i go check my pay pal and there is not refund or money on my account.....so then he tells me he refunded my money because he went to go ship it out and the shipping was $40 more than he thought it would be and didnt bother asking me if i just wanted to pay an extra $40 for the shipping and then says the $130 refund just hasnt cleared his account yet...as far as many experiences with pay pal my money was sent, recieved, or refunded immediately so i dont really know what to believe

Old 07-20-2007, 10:29 PM

I do a lot of business via PayPal. He's full of ****. When you send a refund, it is sent immediately. As long as he has a bank account on file with PayPal, they will debit his account electronically right away, although it takes a business day for it to show up. However, the refund is credited to you right away. File a complaint. Look for "Security Center." Upper right hand corner when you log in. Good luck, but I am sure you'll get your $$ back.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

he really shouldve asked you if you wnated a refund 1st . thats a really ****ty way to do business. also he shouldve knwo how much it wouldv ebeen for shipping when he set up a price . basically he set a price w/ shipping , found out it was more and canceled the deal and supposedly refunded your money . damn what is it with new members on here sellin **** and ****in ppl over [:@]

Old 07-20-2007, 11:07 PM

i know ive had about 4 different transactions made on here and all went very smoothly and then this jack*** wants to play games its not cool. i knew $130 for a OEM fairing and near perfect condition was too good to be true

Quick Reply: got screwed...what should i do?