F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Got my Two Bros M2 VALE installed today

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Two Bros M2 VALE installed today

I came from a Yoshi TRS Race carbon fiber can, with a good custom map made on a Factory Pro Eddy Current braking dyno. Took about 3 hours, but is a better map than the ones made on the typical inertia dyno. Even with a gas analyzer, those tend to be a lot of guesswork, basically tuning for a smooth curve on the graph. The gas sniffer takes a minimum of 5 seconds to get an accurate reading, and you are never at any given RPM for more than a split second, so it doesn't do much for you.

This guy near me takes 3 hours to map the bike. He starts at 1,500rpm, and does the bike in 500rpm increments up to redline, at 2%, 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and 100% throttle increments. The braking system on the dyno holds the bike at the given RPM for 5 seconds or so until he gets a good reading, tweaks, retests. He tests every single combination until it is perfect, and then moves on to the next. It burns up a tank of gas and will do some wear on your rear tire, but the results are perfect.

Anyway, I switched to the Two Bros M2 VALE in carbon fiber. Let me just say that while the Yoshi was much lighter than the stock exhaust, this can is even lighter, by at least a pound or two. That being said, the Yoshi is in my opinion better made. It is more sturdy and doesn't feel cheap like the Two Bros can does. But I guess that if Two Bros made theirs like Yoshi does, then they would have to weigh more, so it's a tradeoff I guess.

But the M2 looks cool, and I like how it looks on the bike better. A bit more up-swept, but not as high as a high-mount. And of course I like the idea that I can easily remove the end cap with a hex wrench and modify or replace the insulation and baffle.

As for performance, I did not see a difference, which makes sense as they are the same size, with the same length pipes, comparable bends and the baffle is the same diameter. I am sure that the flow is within 1 or 2% of each other, so I won't bother to get it remapped.

Last, the sound. Now the TRS sounded great, so the competition is pretty stiff. It is hard to describe the defference. The TRS had a pretty low growl to it, and up top it screamed like a banshee. It was a pretty loud pipe. The Two Bros sounds as low at the bottom, but it is noisier. In that I mean that it is low and smooth, with a nice rumble, but it sounds a tad more raucus. And when you blip the throttle, it barks more than the Yoshi did. Especially in the mid-range, the Two Bros seems to scream more. On top, the Two bros is a tad louder, but has a higher pitched wail, more like a race bike.

The Yoshi was loud, but at the time it sounded more mellow, more refined. This one sounds a bit more obnoxious, a bit more roudy, but without being over the top like a D&D.

Overall I am happy with it. Looks great, less weight than stock and even the Yoshi, and I now have the option of modding or replacing the packing without having to drill out rivets and revitting it back together. And if they were to pass noise ordinances here in Atlanta for exhausts(there currently is no decibal related laws in GA), then the Two Bros allows me to add a silencer insert to quiet it down a bit without effecting performance.

And of course, no review would be complete without some decent pics!

Old 07-31-2006, 10:26 PM
Default RE: Got my Two Bros M2 VALE installed today

Very nice....

Old 07-31-2006, 10:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that looks badass!

Definitely in the maket for undoubedly the best looking (and sounding i think) pipe out there.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

by the way, How bout a sound clip!?

Old 07-31-2006, 10:52 PM

Ummm... I will need to get a decent video camara. I can use my digital cam, but the mic is not all that great. Maybe I can use my laptop and record a file and make an MP3 and throw it on MySpace. Give me a couple days to get to that.

Old 08-01-2006, 12:07 AM

is that the high mount?

Old 08-01-2006, 12:08 AM

btw..............looks sweeeeeeet!!!!

Old 08-01-2006, 12:09 AM

Nope, regular mount. It is considerably higher than the stock can or the Yoshi can was though.

Old 08-01-2006, 12:57 AM

Looks great!

Old 08-01-2006, 01:05 PM

I Like it !!!!! how much did you pay and where did you get it ?

Quick Reply: Got my Two Bros M2 VALE installed today