F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

got my slipon installed today

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got my slipon installed today

Well after i had to order a o2 sensor eleminater plug finally got my d@d installed today. And i have to admit its not as load as i had invisioned in my head. thing still sounds amazing though and looks great. Now i have a few questions i had to loosen up the gas tank to install the o2 plug and wheni reinstalled the tank it doesnt seem to fit as well as it did before. All the bolts are tightened and everything and she runs fine. Is that normal. i mean it fits just not as great as before....am i just nit picking. And the other question is i had to adjust the idol just a smidge after i got the pipe and everything on...is that norm for a new slipon.

Old 05-31-2006, 05:12 PM
Default RE: got my slipon installed today

Don't know why the tank isn't fitting right. I've had mine off several times and it always went back on, tight as usual. I just installed a slip on (M4) on my F4i a few days back and no adjustments were needed. But it sounds like yours might be a carb bike. In that case since you changed the amount of air leaving the engine an adjustment may be necessary for proper tuning. A jet kit (carb) or power commander (fi) may also be needed depending on the engine to make it run smoothly.

Old 05-31-2006, 07:32 PM

Hey, not sure about the gas tank not fitting right but i do have some advice on the O2 sensor. I would get a nut welded on the new pipe and get that O2 sensor back on, all the O2 sensor eliminator does is complete the electrical circuit so the warning light dosn't come on. You will get sh** for gas mileage without the O2 sensor and will be fouling out plugs. I ran mine without the O2 sensor for awhile when i got my new slip-on and it seemed to run ok but cut gas mileage in half and the plugs were fouled. Its not very hard to cut a hole and weld on a nut, believe me its worth it.

Old 05-31-2006, 08:10 PM

ORIGINAL: ossey13

Hey, not sure about the gas tank not fitting right but i do have some advice on the O2 sensor. I would get a nut welded on the new pipe and get that O2 sensor back on, all the O2 sensor eliminator does is complete the electrical circuit so the warning light dosn't come on. You will get sh** for gas mileage without the O2 sensor and will be fouling out plugs. I ran mine without the O2 sensor for awhile when i got my new slip-on and it seemed to run ok but cut gas mileage in half and the plugs were fouled. Its not very hard to cut a hole and weld on a nut, believe me its worth it.

well that sucks...the only reason i didnt send the slip on back is i called the honda dealership where i bought the bike(its a 06 f4i) and talked to the service tech about the slipon and he told me to get the o2 sensor eleminator. lol..i dont know what to think now. one guy told me i had a cali bike and another told me all the 06 models have that o2 sensor there. even the dealership couldnt tell me. and as for the nut getting welded on. would a local muffler shop do that or what and where would i get the nut from?

Old 05-31-2006, 08:22 PM

The nut you need can be picked up a local hardware store, sorry I don't remember the exact size. I am sure anyone with a welder would do it, my local honda dealer said they would do it if i needed. Also a CA midpipe would have the bung for the O2 so for anyone ordered a slip-on in the future keep that in mind. Like you d-stars i didn't find out i needed the CA pipe til after i had the pipe on. Well good luck, once you get that O2 sensor back on you can rest easy.

Old 06-01-2006, 01:48 AM

Got any pics?

Old 06-01-2006, 11:26 AM

THE SIZE NUT YOU NEED IS AN M12 X 1.25

THEY COME IN A PACK OF TWO AT PEP BOYS.

GOOD LUCK.

I DID IT TO MINE AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY....JUST MAKE SURE YOU MEASURE UP THAT HOLE SO ITS NOT TOO FAR BACK

Old 06-02-2006, 12:43 AM

You have to do it and ALL the 2006 model have the O2 sensor and you NEED it .

So Cali model midpipe or welding the 12*1.25 nut.

Cheers

Old 06-18-2006, 10:16 PM
Banned

Is there a gasket that is required when 'slipping' on a slip on or is it tight without it?

Is it required to get a stainless steel nut to weld in or any nut will do?

Thanks.

Old 06-19-2006, 03:16 AM

Stainless steel will be better to weld . I know that Yoshi for example do not use any washer and fit directly, do not know in yours.