F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

got my rear hugger in the mail!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default got my rear hugger in the mail!

my g/f.........being the EXCELLENT g/f she is.....(), she bought me a rear tire hugger (from Hotbodies) for my bday. i got it in the mail today and snapped a pic. my bike is in the shop having the speedo sensor replaced so as soon as i get the bike back, i'll toss this on and take some pics to post on here!

my only gripe is that the holes werent pre-drilled. im kinda nervous i'll ****'em up and it'll sit crooked. anyone on here that has installed one that has some good advice/tips for lining them up PERFECTLY, feel free to tell me.

here it is, my bday present

Name:  1109071814.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  33.5 KB

Old 11-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: got my rear hugger in the mail!

Looks nice make sure and post pics when you get it on.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. Your bike is still in the shop?!?!? It's been at least two weeks now, hasn't it.

btw, hugger looks sweet. Haven't done the install myself, but measure twice before drilling. Good luck!

Old 11-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks sweet J... that should look nice on there!

You could do the laser pointer method, like I did with my framesliders. Hold the bike in place without moving it, center the laser pointer exactly on the center of the bolt head, then hold the hugger on there and move it around until you get it exactly where and how you want it, then mark where the laser is on the hugger with a marker or whatever. Drill 1 hole and put that bolt in, then align the laser with the other bolt and move it around again until it's just right, and viola.. perfectly aligned holes

Old 11-10-2007, 07:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks guys! well, i think what im going to do is.....remove the stock chain guard and line it up on the inside of the rear hugger, then take a sharpie and put a dot where those holes are (providing the chain guard portion of the hugger is the same size as the stock chain guard) then drill them out. then i'll prob. just put those two bolts in and then mess w/ the single bolt on the other side until i get the distance from the tire to the hugger even on both sides.

i'll def. post up pics once i am done!