CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Goodbye my beloved F4i (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/goodbye-my-beloved-f4i-124974/)

iJapanesey 05-04-2011 09:48 PM

Goodbye my beloved F4i

April 17th I was hit in a head on collision with a Gixxer 1000 on Blood Mountain Ga. I was headed north bound, and the other guy headed south bound. He came in too hot on a corner and came onto my side of the road taking me out.

Both of us are okay and I thank my gear for doing its job. His insurance just settled with me today, and I'll be upgrading to a 600rr next week prob.

Had someone come over today that was looking for a rear seat for his F4i. He had a blast switching parts off my bike....all for free lol. Took off all my aftermarket parts too, as the condition of my settlement.

Anyway...gonna miss my F4i. That bike never saw a slow day being able to hang with the liter bikes in the twisties and all. I love the way it handles, and would always go back to one in a heart beat.

RIP 2001 F4i!

R Dub 05-04-2011 10:23 PM

Wow that blows man. Glad your okay. The F4i is a great bike bike trust me you will not be disappointed with the RR. Heal up quick and get back out on 2 wheels.

SjorgeF4i 05-04-2011 10:26 PM

Im sorry to hear that man. Like they say though. With death, brings new life. I am picking up my first motorcycle ever Saturday and ironically its a 2001 F4i.

nickp123 05-05-2011 03:17 AM

damn gixxer riders. At least youre ok and you get the 600rr out of it so it could always be worse. If you want to go back to the f4i so bad id be glad to take that rr off your hands :icon_teeth:. Hope youre back on two wheels soon.

heyitsmelam 05-05-2011 08:04 AM

i'm suprised dude had BI insurance.

9-5=4rr 05-05-2011 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by nickp123 (Post 1049368)
damn gixxer riders. At least youre ok and you get the 600rr out of it so it could always be worse. If you want to go back to the f4i so bad id be glad to take that rr off your hands :icon_teeth:. Hope youre back on two wheels soon.

Oi Oi Oi !!! ... not all of us 'zuki riders are lil mini squidly jr's putt-putt'n around about a billion mph too fast on our gixxer liter bikes!! .... lol Some gixxer riders have at least SOME sense ... :icon_teeth:

On a more serious note, glad to see you're still alive and kickin man with minimal (i'm assuming here) damage to yourself .... Hopefully the new 600RR takes some of the sorrows of missing the old bike away ....

vegas_rebel 05-05-2011 08:56 AM

Glad you're OK, and that you get a nice upgrade out of the process.

That's gotta be one hell of an Oh Sh** moment when ya see another bike coming at you though!

aerialspider 05-05-2011 09:10 AM

Did you sustain any injuries Japanesey? The settlement has gone through so you can probably talk about that stuff now, right?

boredandstroked 05-05-2011 10:16 AM

I've been hit on my f4i by a gsxr also, sucks. Glad your good to go and still riding honda!!

Sick97SS 05-06-2011 09:40 AM

MAN, insane story, i can't imagine hitting anything head-on (especially two bikes at speed) and living to tell about it!

That guy is lucky he doesn't have a manslaughter charge on his record. Everybody makes mistakes while riding but there is no excuse for stupidity!