CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Is this a good deal? please helpa noob (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/good-deal-please-helpa-noob-34476/)

coreymarsh 03-26-2007 11:31 AM

Is this a good deal? please helpa noob

Hi guys, i just joined this forum. I found a bike on craigs list. It is a 2003 F4i, i actually went and checked it out. It has never been dropped and he has service records. It comes with a Yosh and PCIII. and a bunch of riding gear, 2 alpinstar jackets, helmet, gloves. He wont go lower than 4500. It seems like a fair deal, the reason i am aprehensive is cause it has 21000 miles on it. Should i go for it or walk away?
Thanks for any help.

Triax 03-26-2007 12:31 PM

RE: Is this a good deal? please helpa noob

Mileage alittle high for that price. I bad 5500 for a 929 with 4000 miles on it with helmet, boots, and jacket. That was last August. Walk my friend.

Munson 03-26-2007 04:29 PM

If he's the original owner and can show you the bike's been well-maintained, I wouldn't worry too much about the miles. Including all that gear, it's not a bad price considering it's the beginning of riding season.

BUT that's only if you actually want or need the gear. Otherwise try offering $4k and tell him he should try to sell the gear separately.

alekinci 03-26-2007 04:53 PM

well, the seller's best mark for that year is to sell at 4800. however, because of the mileage he is compensating with gear. so; over all i would say its a good price. the f4i can easily do 40k-unknown miles if its maintained properly,
+ 21k miles and never been dropped, makes me question things. i dont believe that at all. as long as the bike looks good its very hard to tell if its been dropped.
did you ride it yet?

Jaybird180 03-26-2007 07:40 PM

ORIGINAL: alekinci
...+ 21k miles and never been dropped, makes me question things. i dont believe that at all. as long as the bike looks good its very hard to tell if its been dropped.
+1

jayking232003 03-26-2007 11:16 PM

I won't man,, look some more,, I got mine for 4200.00 with a shark helmet and icon gloves,, came with yoshi rs3 pipe, only 6300 miles on it,,, hold out,, you will appreciate it more if you have less miles,,, means its been through less!

dreadf4i600 03-26-2007 11:16 PM

+1

Stitches 03-27-2007 02:07 AM

hold out ...... I know its hard ..... you'll find a better deal .....

coreymarsh 03-28-2007 05:21 PM

i didnt get a chance to ride, it. He said it hadn't been dropped and in didnt see any signs that made me suspiscious, both ferrings were clean, and the swing arm was perfect. But i am still looking caue it was silver/blk and i REALLY want a red and black one. Plus i am finally going to pay my car off in the next week or so, so then i will be in a better position to save anyways. Thanks for your advice.