F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Is this a good deal? ASAP please

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good deal? ASAP please

Hi everyone,

I was planning to purchase a 2001~2003 Cbr600F4i under 10,000 mileagefor around 4~5 gran. Unfortunately, I was unable to find those in my area, which is Tucson, Arizona. I don't know why, but there sure aren't lot of CBR600f4i in Arizona.

Anyways, I feel like there is no hope for me except for this.
http://tucson.craigslist.org/mcy/643637213.html

This just came up recently, but it has 17,000 miles on it. Is this a lot? compare to the price?
Also, Its not completely satisfying because of thepaint! (I was looking for white/red or silver/red)

Anyways, is $3800 a reasonable price? if not, how much should I offer?
Also, do you think this bike is alright? or should I wait a little longer to find under 10k mileage.

Thank you guys.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:03 PM
Default RE: Is this a good deal? ASAP please

there's a lot near me with over 15k miles for over $4000. i was told by people on here that 17k doesn't really effect these bikes at all, as long as the oil changes and such were done on time. since people have more than 100k miles on their f4i's, i will be more willing to buy one with *higher* mileage when it's time for me to buy. i hear these motors are almost bulletproof. just make sure you do a good physical inspection to check for signs of abuse/abnormal wear.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:05 PM

Not a bad deal. It's got a Yosh pipe, and a new battery. I can't tell from the picture but if the tire's are pretty good I'd say it's worth buying.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:09 PM

I actually went to look at the bike today. It has been its 3rd owner, and past two were females!
Also, there they had another cruiser bike in the garage, which gave me the notion that they do their own maintenence.
The owner told me that it had a fuel regulator problem and had it replaced, and its been laid down before lightly. As shown on the pics, it has light scratches on both side.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:14 PM

its definetely not worth it i got my bike off of craigslist for $4700 2002 honda cbr f4i. Micron high mount exhaust bar ends tinted wind screen and 3,530 miles. Ask how was it stored in a heated garage did he have a battery tender hooked up on it how did he winterize it? I bought my bike from a cop with 7 bikes in his garage he took very good care of it. Just shop around you will find a better deal. If you really want that bike i read the post. Thats when a person is most desperate now you have to attack lol. Show up with $2800 cash make sure its all in twenties so it looks like alot and he cant resist. Pull out the cash in front of him and say i have only $2800 in cash try to inspect and critique the bike so he will go for that price try to find rust spots keep saying it slid down a driveway blah blah blah

Old 04-16-2008, 11:16 PM

An 01 on it's third owner is going to have afew scratches on it. The great thing about an f4i though.. it still looks great even with scratches. And it still runs great, even with scratches. I'd say it sounds like a steal. I got mine for 35, and it had 20k miles on it with new tires. It did not have a new battery, which cost me about $80. It also has the stock pipe, and had a bad turn signal. I ended up having to replace the undertail, which cost me about $180. The Yosh pipe is about $400 if I remember right, so subtract that from the cost and you're paying about $3,400. I'd probably add in for an oil change which is about $50, which would put you at about $3,450. That's a pretty damn good deal actually.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:23 AM

I live in Mesa, AZ. Got my 01 F4i with 5200miles on it for $3800. It's bone stock but got a hell of a deal on it. I was on craigs (for AZ) earlier and there are some F4i's on there but they are kind of unreasonable deals. I would be weary of the fuel injector problems. Good Luck to you

Old 04-17-2008, 06:34 AM

I got my 02 with 8300 miles on it for $4k and it had the Micron exhaust, DB shield, and undertail. It was in great shape.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would stay away from that bike, there are better deals out there. Plus the bike went down already and there appears to *possibly* be an electrical problem with the alarm...if there wasnt why would he have to cut the wires to it?

I got my bike in Ohio for $4800. 2003 F4i, 8,206 miles, Front and Rear Stands, new battery, 4 quarts of oil and oil filter, Jacket, helmet and gloves.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:02 AM
WOT

Not a bad deal, it's below KBB. I wouldn't bother fixing the rash because it's just cosmetic, but keep in mind when you try to sell it that it's going to get you a lower price and people will be cautious of the bike just like you are now.

Quick Reply: Is this a good deal? ASAP please