CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   good deal? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/good-deal-121234/)

forrest3320 02-15-2011 07:40 AM

good deal?

I know I know not another should I buy it but like some of you said its always good to see whats out there and how much they are paying and it helps us noobs out a lot. Now on to the juice basicly i am looking at a 2004 honda cbr 600 f4i with 5600miles for $4000, it is stock and looks like they just bought the bike and parked it, they are the second owner older man maybe 40's ish, Banna seat yellow and black i will try to get picture of it on here but not a scartch on it and cherry as can be I justed didnt know with the rr out and about now that it would kinda make the f4i not such a big deal and the price's and resale value just drop so just want your alls 2 cents

kazspeed 02-15-2011 08:08 AM

That seems a little steep, have you tried negotiating a better price? I paid about 4k for mine, also have about 5k miles, but had some cosmetic upgrades that I would have done anyways myself, but would have cost me about $600-700.
Depending on where you live, if you have the winter season you should be able to negotiate a little better of a price.

Is it a clean title?

As for as resale value for an f4i down the road, people will always want these bikes. As you will see many times, they are referred to as bullet proof.

With all of this being said, it really comes down to if it is worth it for you.
If in your eyes the bike is exactly what you are looking for, go for it.

forrest3320 02-15-2011 08:14 AM

He is a towl head (so masster haggler lol) he started at $4500 and i went right for the low ball of $3500 but i would pay $3800 tops so thats where i am at right now with him stand still but going to look at 04 cbr600rr with 6k asking 4200 so i just wanted know if my thinking was the same as yours i live in pa so there is a winter here and still winter lol

Dragondima 02-15-2011 08:16 AM

Basically as Kaz said, it's a bit steep, but it all depends whwre you live. That price would be fair here in Philly, but a bit south that's steep. Good luck! Let us know what happens.

R Dub 02-15-2011 08:30 AM

Honestly $3500-$3800 for a F4i that is in perfect condition is a fair price. I got that for mine with over 17K on the clock. These bike will hold their value pretty darn good as most of the depreciation is already gone. I mean they will continue to lose some value based on them getting older but it will not be drastic. If you're cool with the banana seat then I say pick it up. Finding extremely clean F4i's are only going to get harder to find as they get older. Just my :icon_twocents:

kazspeed 02-15-2011 08:33 AM

Whats the scoop on the rr? Is it stock? As good of condition as the f4i?

I think if you could get it for $3.8k then its a fair price.

Its all in the eye of the beholder though, some may say I could have got an extra few hundred bucks off the bike, but I didn't want to ruin the fun of getting a bike with getting bogged down on dollars and cents. Its supposed to be a fun experience!

If its exactly what you are looking for don't over think it! And if its not keep looking, theres plenty of bikes out there.

R Dub 02-15-2011 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by kazspeed (Post 1015065)
Whats the scoop on the rr? Is it stock? As good of condition as the f4i?

I think if you could get it for $3.8k then its a fair price.

+1. If the RR has some mods that your looking for like a slip on exhaust or a fender eliminator kit or something along those lines then it is worth a couple hundred more dollars. But in the end they are the same year bike with the same miles. You should test ride both and see what is more comfortable to you. The RR is going to be more aggressive than the F4i. See if it is too aggressive for you. One has the banana seat and the other the split seat. Do you like the undertail exhaust over the F4i's that goes out the side. If you paid $3800 for the F4i and $4200 for the RR it is only a difference of $400 which is really nothing so get the bike that suits you better.

Jeff0044 02-15-2011 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by R Dub (Post 1015071)
+1. If the RR has some mods that your looking for like a slip on exhaust or a fender eliminator kit or something along those lines then it is worth a couple hundred more dollars. But in the end they are the same year bike with the same miles. You should test ride both and see what is more comfortable to you. The RR is going to be more aggressive than the F4i. See if it is too aggressive for you. One has the banana seat and the other the split seat. Do you like the undertail exhaust over the F4i's that goes out the side. If you paid $3800 for the F4i and $4200 for the RR it is only a difference of $400 which is really nothing so get the bike that suits you better.

I agree

forrest3320 02-15-2011 09:39 AM

the rr has two brothers slip on exhaust but other then that stock...now rode a rr not this one but another one and f4i i really enjoy them both the rr is not as bad as what some people make it out to be now i am 5' 7 at 160lbs so iam lil guy so they both throw me around lol but i realy like the under tail exhaust alot better but i just kinda wanted to see what you guys had to say if he would come down to 3500 for the f4i i would buy it but i think i rather go with the rr and that is asking i will try to get him down to 3800 and with him being american i think it might be eaiser but thanks for the 2 cents guys you guys helped me out alot