CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Is this a good deal? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/good-deal-105443/)

tyler00 01-31-2010 12:50 PM

Is this a good deal?

Never owned a f4i but all I hear are good things.

I found a guy online who will sell me his 01 f4i for $4,000. There is only 4500 miles on it and he says it only got ridden a couple times a year. Mostly sat in his garage. He says perfect condition. It has a custom windscreen and pipe but everything else seems stock.

Is this priced too high? Or is there some reason why the bike wouldn't be ridden that much. Just looking for any advice on what I should be looking out for that insures this bike will run fine.

PlayfulGod 01-31-2010 01:10 PM

neglected come to mind lol.

Does sound to bad but I've seen RR's for the same money.

offer him $3k or $3500 ;)

Kuroshio 01-31-2010 01:31 PM

Reasons? He discovered his wallet had more balls than he did :p Not really that bad. But some people get a bike, ride it for a bit and discover they don't like riding. Or they get a scare and are done.

I've got a friend with a Kawa that's been on it once and never again. True, he lowsided while practicing in a parking lot. But no damage to him, everything got fixed and its been sitting in a garage ever since. Ask him about it and he swears he doesn't have time to ride. Even tho he walks about a mile to work every day. Or that he wants to take the BRC but doesn't have the time to go renew his permit (he works within 2 blocks of a PennDOT office). Or my favorite that he wouldn't have the time to ride anyways, needing his car on the weekends to manage his real estate properties. Like he's carries tools and lumber in a BMW convertible :P

tyler00 01-31-2010 01:44 PM

Thanks for the responses. I've been waiting a couple months to find a good deal on a f4i. I don't want spring to get here and I passed up the only decent bikes I can get. lol.

He won't take lower than 4,000 because he's stored it properly, it runs great, no scratches, and it has such low miles.

Be patient or go for it? Thats what I got to decide.

caddylicious 01-31-2010 02:17 PM

KBB for a perfect f4i is 3700. i got my 01 in great condition for 3k. i'd offer 3500.

maineiack 01-31-2010 02:24 PM

maybe i would spend that much if it at least had a pipe and a power commander. but not stock. keep looking you will find something with a little more miles but will have some power adders.

Kuroshio 01-31-2010 03:06 PM

Show him the KBB, ask him for proof of maintenance (invoices from a dealer). When he can't produce, offer him $3500.

If he mentions the windscreen, point to Ebay.
If he mentions the pipe, ask about if he had the bike tuned for the change in exhaust (with proof). Else you'll have to do it yourself (not really but its a negotiating point).

Have cashier's check (or cash, with big friend with you) made out for $3500. See if he bites then (most times they will)

vangill 01-31-2010 03:11 PM

thats a bit pricey. you should be able to find a good looking one for about 3k-3500

xjoewhitex 01-31-2010 03:48 PM

I still owe 4k on mine lol but I got mine from a dealer and you know how that story goes. It seems like a good deal to me, but if you really like this bike get it, if your unsure and think you can get a better deal elsewhere.. then find another one cheaper.

pvtdonuts 01-31-2010 05:20 PM

I got my 03 for $3500 with 3500 miles on it, so yea this is a bit pricey. Mine had sliders, Akrapovic slip-on and a windscreen as well, tho it was laid down a couple times in the parking lot, still very good condition. $4k is a bit much for a F4i, I'd be looking towards a 600rr in that price range.