F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

gonna be selling my F4i trackbike...

Old 01-26-2007, 04:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gonna be selling my F4i trackbike...

well I've been putting this off for a long time, almost started to part it out not long ago but just couldn't do it
but now I've got to, too many things need funding and I've got an SV650 to race this year so this ones gonna have to go

this isn't a for sale thread, I'm gonna wait until March 4th to put it up for sale officially. That will give me time to get the bugs worked out that I've been avoiding for so long and do one last trackday on it. It hasn't been running right for a while just because I took the 02 sensor off (Cali model) and didn't have it remapped like I had planned to. I'm gonna buy a new one and get it running like it should be before I let anyone buy it.

I had thought the engine bearings were going bad but turns out i'm just paranoid, I borowed a friends stock clip-on and the vibrations I had been feeling were normal, it was just my hollow clip-on tubes, which makes me feel a hell ofa lot better.

I can't tell ya'll how hard its gonna be to let her go but its something I've got to do. I'm starting a new business, racing a full season, etc so I've just gotta sell this and maybe another bike or two from my stable depending on how much $$$ i need for the business.

I'm an honest guy, so I've gotta say that I have had plenty of problems with this bike but every single one of them was my fault and all were little stupid things I did. The biggest problem I had was not having the kickstand switch crossed securely, then I had installed the regulator/rectifier on the aftermarket swingarm without having used a bolt, not knowing that the bolts used to mount it to the stock subframe were also meant to ground it, so I struggled to diagnose that little issue for a while and as I mentioned, removing the cali stuff without having it remapped caused it to not want to crank well but once it gets warmed up it runs great.

I will under no circumstances sell the bike if it has any mechanical problems, so I'm keeping it for another couple months to make sure everything is okay

here is a page on my web site with plenty of pictures and all the information on it:
http://www.woody-racing.com/f4i.html

It would make a great bike for a new track rider looking for something cheap to do trackdays on

Old 01-26-2007, 04:13 AM
Default RE: gonna be selling my F4i trackbike...

No, dude. Don't sell it. Didn't the other thread teach you that you could make some of your money back by renting it out

Old 01-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you know...once you decide to sell it...you're NOT supposed to get back on the bike...it's super duper bad luck.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:46 PM

eh did u fall in that last picture??

Old 01-27-2007, 12:41 AM

lol yeah, that one always makes me laugh

Old 01-27-2007, 12:09 PM

i bet the last thing is well.." this sucks.. what did they teach me? tuck in roll??" how much u deciding on selling it for?

Old 01-27-2007, 12:38 PM

lol

not 100% sure on the price yet, probably in the neighborhoodof $3,500