F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Gloves Guys Help A Kid Out

Old 02-18-2010, 11:33 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Default Gloves Guys Help A Kid Out

Hey anyone got suggestions on the good set of summer riding gloves

i kinda like these icon pursuit gloves... but i know alot of people dont like icon... im just looking for something that vents well doesn't go up my wrists but still works well if i go down...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ed-Gloves.aspx

Old 02-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Official Welcome Crew

I am looking at three Alpinestars for warmer weather riding.. but I still have another 3 months ro so before I have to make the decision..

Alpinestars
SMX-2 gloves (between a shortie and 3/4)
SP-X gloves (3/4 gauntlet)
3/4 gloves (yes as the name implies)

The SMX-2 and 3/4 gloves have pricing in line with the Icon you are looking at... the SPX is more money... but.. its your hands and your decision I guess.

I'm leaning towards the 3/4s...

Adam

Last edited by Turbulenz; 02-18-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:57 PM

i own these.. had them 1 season so far.. work well .. grip well and vent pretty good.. haven't wrecked in them nor do i want to.. but as far as protection goes.. i couldn't tell you.. other than it has it on the knuckles.

Originally Posted by zmds18 View Post
Hey anyone got suggestions on the good set of summer riding gloves

i kinda like these icon pursuit gloves... but i know alot of people dont like icon... im just looking for something that vents well doesn't go up my wrists but still works well if i go down...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ed-Gloves.aspx

Old 02-18-2010, 02:17 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

not really a fan of full length gloves but i saw these and i really like them

http://cgi.ebay.com/COLLINS-LEATHERS...item1e5a862605

Old 02-18-2010, 02:18 PM

I have the Alpinestars SMX-2 AirCarbons for warm weather. Good gloves. I got a piar that had some "quality control" issues (Mainly fading plastic and some of the glue on appliques coming off), called Alpinestars and they RMA'd them right away, just cost me $3 to mail them back. You sometimes pay a few bucks more for Alpinestars gear, but the quality and customer service are worth it.

Have tried out the Astars '3/4' gloves, they're a good cooler weather glove, as I prefer a 3/4 to full gauntlet any time I'm riding further than around town.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:18 PM

i got these, good gloves, really airy, look awesome, decent protection.

http://www.rideicon.com/product_deta...=3125&id=11237

Old 02-18-2010, 03:25 PM

I got some cheap joe rocket leather palm mesh top glove for summer..they were cheapp...and they fell apart halfway thru the season..but they breathed real well.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:28 PM

i have a set of the SMX2 alpinestar gloves as well. they breathe really well and are very comfortable. they should hold up ok in the event of a spill, as the palm is leather and the knuckles are carbon fiber. i think its a very good glove.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Official Welcome Crew

Originally Posted by adrianinflorida View Post
I have the Alpinestars SMX-2 AirCarbons for warm weather. Good gloves. I got a piar that had some "quality control" issues (Mainly fading plastic and some of the glue on appliques coming off), called Alpinestars and they RMA'd them right away, just cost me $3 to mail them back. You sometimes pay a few bucks more for Alpinestars gear, but the quality and customer service are worth it.

Have tried out the Astars '3/4' gloves, they're a good cooler weather glove, as I prefer a 3/4 to full gauntlet any time I'm riding further than around town.
So in your opinion, how do the 3/4 A* compare to the SMX-2s? If you read up, you will see that those the two I am considering for the warmer weather...

Old 02-18-2010, 06:35 PM

I wear Speed & Strength gloves and love them. Leather by the way.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gloves Guys Help A Kid Out

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.