F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Getting a new bike... F4i or RR?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a new bike... F4i or RR?

Hello all. I don't know if the F4i forum is the best place to ask for an unbiased opinion on this, but anyways I purchased a 1984 CB450 nighthawk at the start of the season to learn on. I've put about 4000km on it and have taken the MSF, so I think I'm ready to upgrade to a newer, sexier bike. Unfortunately the riding season is just about over here, as I'm in Canada, so I'm selling the nighthawk in favor of a 600 sports bike. I really like the look of the CBRs both the F4i and RR (the yellow/black F4i and the Black/white RR specifically). As far as insurance goes the RR is only 100 dollars more expensive for the season than the F4i, however the RR seems to be a bit more pricey to actually purchase. I haven't riden either of them so I figured I would ask what people here think.

Thanks for the input!

Old 09-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Default RE: Getting a new bike... F4i or RR?

well i to am from canada and as far as insurance i think you should shop around for someone like state farm cause they go by displacement not model so f4i and rr will be they same cost. as for what to bye i think it depends on what your gonna do with it. are you comuting yo work or school or just playing on the weekends. do you plan on long trips or short runs. the f4i will be more comfortable for both you and any passengers you might have. the rr is supposed to have a little more aggressive riding possition but also less comfortable and little padding in the seat. personally i like the looks of the rr better but think the f4i is the better choice for me cause i ride 45 mins to work whenever the weather is nice, it still has tons of power and you can still drag the pegs on the corners if your good enough or sometimes by accident.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:35 PM

Well I'm probably going to be doing commuting to work for the summer, and to school in september, as well as a ton of just for fun driving around downtown. I really like the under the seat exhaust look of the RR though. I'm mainly getting the bike for riding around for the sake of riding... well and the ***** magnet factor haha.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:57 PM

Having ridden both, i'm very content with my F4i. I ride it to work a lot and it's also very comfortable for medium range trips. The RR is a better looking bike, i must admit...but i spent a lot less $$$$ on my '01 F4i and have never regretted my decision. If you're the kind of guy who just won't be happy with anything but the newest and best, i'd say get the RR. But on the street, there's really no reason to except the looks. Power wise they're pretty much the same (at least the older RRs are...newer ones are a bit faster)...but the F4i is plenty fast for me.

I rode my friend's '05 RR a while back and it was fun, but after about 20 minutes i was ready to get back on mine. The F4i is just so much more comfortable, imo. Plus i like that i'm a little more heads-up in traffic and comfy during the daily commute. Yes i think the RR is an awesome bike and would gladly take one if someone offered it to me, but for the money the F4i gives you 95% of the performance in better comfort for less cash. But it all depends on what really matters to you.

Oh, and now is probably the absolute best time to buy a used bike. More people are selling because they want the new model and less people are buying because it's the end of the season, so you can probably find just what you want for less than any other time of the year.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:57 PM

Hehe, I have an 06 f4i, but if I could get another bike I'd def go for a RR but I'm more of a fan of the pure black ones Either choice is excellent, don't let the price bother you they will run forever and they are both fantastic bikes.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:24 PM

I guess its time to go sit down on a couple and maybe find someone who will let me test ride.

Thanks for the advice guys I appreciate it. I'll for sure be back here sometime in the couple months with pictures of my new ride

Old 09-30-2007, 07:09 PM

i love these posts. find someone who has a bike and try them to see which one you like better. but, if it was me spending your money on myself, i'd get an '08 R1 or fireblade.