F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Gettin that stock look back...well on the windscreen that is

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gettin that stock look back...well on the windscreen that is

Sorry guys I hesitated making an actual thread about this but I didnt want to hi-jack someone elses. Ever since Axsys brought me my double bubble clear windscreen, I have been missing the stock "HONDA" lettering and spotted tint that starts at the bottom few inches of the screen where it "V's" into the front cowel. (Axsys if you see this post do you know what brand this double bubble is?) Anyway, here's the stock look (compliments of rez)

Name:  phpeiJEM2PM.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  19.2 KB

I am wondering what I can do to get that tint and lettering back without it looking to rigged...I have the original windscreen if there is any possibility of getting that original lettering and tint off (looks like thats a negitive)? Are there any good looking decals? I like the double bubble but dont like that the bottom 1/4 of the screen you can see through into my dirty boring wiring harness etc...I LOVE the stock tint and Honda lettering! Looking for suggestions. Hmmmmm

Last edited by 600F4inoober; 06-03-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:17 PM

I'm pretty sure it's a Zero Gravity screen. I would buy something like this for the Honda logo:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-Ho...Q5fAccessories

And then for the black part, do you want it to have the fade at the top or would a line be alright? You could throw some black vinyl over the back of the windscreen, or paint.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:37 PM
July 2010 ROTM

i have a black one with the logo on it thats not db if u want it

Old 06-03-2010, 09:25 PM

Use vinyl lettering for the honda logo (have the sign shop cut the letters so they can be mounted from the inside of the shield and use VHT's NiteShades sprayed on the inside of the shield (over the letters) for the tint.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by vangill
i have a black one with the logo on it thats not db if u want it
email me a pic. thanks

axsys-I would rather have fade...I just feel the line would look chitty..

F4iRide-Sounds interesting..what type of "shop" do you speak of? And I've never heard of VHT's NiteShades..I'll google it

Old 06-15-2010, 04:43 PM

i bought a clear db windscreen and wanted the look of a stock screen too so I just bought the sticker from honda and placed it on my windscreen. now it looks like a honda db and you can see the wires behind the screen. simple fix

i dont have a picture of a close up but you can look at my albums

Old 06-15-2010, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by jam0837
i bought a clear db windscreen and wanted the look of a stock screen too so I just bought the sticker from honda and placed it on my windscreen. now it looks like a honda db and you can see the wires behind the screen. simple fix

i dont have a picture of a close up but you can look at my albums
Dug my post up from the dead

I ended up carefully peeling off the HONDA and faded tint sticker from my stock windscreen and placed it on my zero gravity db. It looks awsome..covers all the way down to no seeing through to wires..but after a while I can see its starting to peel off...the adhesive wasent made for a re-application!!!

I'll prolly end up getting something fabbed (nice HONDA sticker with custom vinyl or the such)