F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Gettin' mine this week!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 06:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gettin' mine this week!

Unfortunately, I laid down my F2 down on Sunday. (see post- https://cbrforum.com/m_373555/tm.htm ). Good news is, it looks like I'm going to be picking up an F4i this week. Here it is: https://cbrforum.com/m_370724/tm.htm. I'm stoked! I do have a few questions for you, though. From '04 and on, the F4i has had a banana seat. I heard that it was added due to complaints of comfort. So is the two tier seat really uncomforatble? If so, any recommendations on aftermarket ones? I amgetting an 01. Anybody recommend a power commander? I've heard mixed reviews. The bike has a one-down front and two-up rear sprocket setup. I'm not sure that I'm going to keep it or put the stock ones back on, but I'll decide when I ride it. Also, are there any recommendations on what to look for as far as common problems? How about general stuff that I might not have thought of?

Old 09-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Default RE: Gettin' mine this week!

How 'bout it fellas?

Old 09-01-2007, 10:54 PM

The f4i is a very comfortable bike. The banana seat is more comfortable but a lot of people don't like it. Either way it's a nice ride. If you don't like the seats corbin makes replacement ones that will fix the problem. I have a power commander on my bike....it doesn't make a major difference I definitely feel some.

That black and silver f4i is really sweet. That's one of my favorite color schemes for that bike.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Registered Users

i have an '01 f4i and i don't really care....granted i am only 5'10 so i don't know if that plays a part...haven't ridden other bikes so i can't compare, but i never have any complaints....plus the look of the split is sooooo much better IMO over the banana seat.... if you want seat replacement though you can look at corbin, sargeant, hell there are about 5-8 mfg. of aftermarket seats....but they will run you...i don't think a single one is under $175 for the front alone, let alone if you want the matching rear....hell...corbin is like $350-75

Old 09-05-2007, 10:51 AM

congrats on the bike! i have a 06 f4i and it has a banana seat. it's pretty comfy and i would say that everyone who has one would agree. i dont know what the dual seat feels like but i have a 05' cbr600rr @ my house as well and that seat feels stiff as hell. i guess if you have nothing to compare it to then you'll be fine. but in terms of what the look out for in the bike, try paying attention to uncommon sounds you would get from the motor, check for leaks (especially in the exhaust system, i've looked at a couple of bikes when they leaked water from the exhaust where the midpipe connects due to condensation and it didn't seal properly). basically check for that one acronym that they teach you in the MSF course... (i forgot what it was, i think TCLOCS??, or could be another one)... even tho i have the 'nana seat, i would have to agree that the dual seat looks a hell of a lot better than mine! i recently just got a euro style seat cowl to cover it to make it look flush but we'll see how it turns out after i paint it.

well hope you like the bike!!!