F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Gear This Coming Season

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 01:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear This Coming Season

This will be my very 1st season riding my F4i. I'm really excited I just started buying gear. I have bought the timax gauntlet gloves (long) and the timax jacket. I've been debating on the icon feild armor boots and motorhead. Also on the icon mainframe skull helmet, as you can see all my gear would be icon. Just wondering what other F4i riders use for gear during the begining of the riding season?

Old 12-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Retired Mod
Default RE: Gear This Coming Season

the icon line is definately a popular one. a little too much "show off style" for me but it seems to be pretty good stuff. i would personally look into a different helmet. they seem like an overpriced cheap helmet to me. just my opinion.

Old 12-28-2005, 01:44 PM
Fox
Banned

I've read a few crash threads with riders wearing Icon and they weren't exactly pleased with the results. I have mostly A* stuff. Most of the Icon gear is single stiched and thinner than other jackets/pants.

Old 12-28-2005, 01:49 PM

I was also into the shoei diabolical 2 helmet. What you guys think of there helmets? Thats odd becuase I've heard good things from icon... Can't please everyone and all depends on the crashes I guess.

Old 12-28-2005, 02:20 PM
Banned

I have a Shoei RF-1000 Camber, very comfy,Quiet, and good vents. Icon TiMax jackets are too 'Blingy' for me, but I know a guy that has had the need for it and thinks its a good jacket and he and it survived a situation very well. Icon stuff is also cut for smaller guys so make sure you try it on first.

Old 12-28-2005, 04:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out OGK helmets. on sale for 199.
as far as icon gear, do not buy all icon stuff...
they do not last in crashes. they are not for hardcore riding.
more for show boating and the bling factor.

Old 12-28-2005, 07:56 PM
Fox
Banned

ORIGINAL: Melantus

I was also into the shoei diabolical 2 helmet. What you guys think of there helmets? Thats odd becuase I've heard good things from icon... Can't please everyone and all depends on the crashes I guess.
Is that an RF-1000? They're nice lids. I have two of them. I have the Miguel Duhamel replica and a silver one to match my machine.

Old 12-28-2005, 11:58 PM

my friend has the icon boots u mentioned and they kinda suck
he always takes them off if he has to walk. they are pretty heavy
I am using the Oxtar Jupiter boots and they are great and looks good just for regular use
89bux http://www.newenough.com/oxtar_jupit...boots_page.htm

I wouldnt go for an icon helmet either. There are alot of better helmets.

Old 12-29-2005, 01:12 AM

I have a nice black kevlar joe rocket jacket. I love it. Very comfy. In the fall, it's great because air doesn't penetrate it, so you stay warm, and in the summer, it has pockets you can open up, and it breathes really nice. I have a pair of alpine stars carbon fiber knuckle gloves. I love these things. I had a pair of leather Icon gloves, and they had to be the most uncomf pair I have ever wore. That's why a lotta times I didn't wear gloves. With the A* gloves, I never leave home without them. I have an HJC helmet. It's not as top quality as ARAI or SHOEI, but I like it. Has good venting, very comfy, etc... and it only cost me like $150. I didn't have the extra cash for the Shoei I wanted. And yes, I did want that diabolic helmet. That thing is bad ***. And for my legs I just wear a pair of jeans. A lotta people say to wear boots, and they're right, you probably should. I can't stand boots. I wear a pair of shoes, mid top or low top, whatever I wear everyday at that specific time. I know it's not proper gear, but I just can't stand wearing boots.

Old 12-29-2005, 02:03 AM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: shraz

I am using the Oxtar Jupiter boots and they are great and looks good just for regular use
89bux http://www.newenough.com/oxtar_jupit...boots_page.htm
hey shraz, how accurate is that size conversion chart. is it accurate or do they run large or small?

i really like the way those look. and they have to be better than my regular street boots. does anyone else have them?

Quick Reply: Gear This Coming Season