F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Gague Cluster will not go off??

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 09:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Gague Cluster will not go off??

Hi, Tim here. I am new to the whole bike scene.

Few days ago I bought a 01 cbr 600 f4i from a " friend ".
The bike ran well until he decided to mess with the Headlight wiring for some unknown reason.

So far I have followed the Colored diagram to the "T" I now have the headlights Low and High beams working along with the Blinker relay ticking but no fuel prime. While in the process of fixing the slaughter job on the wires something went awol and now when the Bank Angel Sensor is plugged in the gauge cluster stays on with kill switch in off position and key in off position...still no fuel pump noise either. Can someone help shed light on where I might screwed up here?

Thank You in advanced for the help.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:15 PM

Just an update...Gauge cluster constant on has been solved....So many wires that I had it hooked to a constant source by passing the switches. On/Off Kill switch and Starter switched are freely moving and cleaned up. Headlights Low and High work....Blinker relay and blinkers work well now.

My issue now is the rear relay for fuel cut relay harness connector does not trigger the relay...Yet all the relays on the bike checked out and are functioning. If I switch that relay to another relay connector it activates but on that one harness it does not activate and I have no prime.

All fuses are brand new today.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:53 PM

Issue solved on relay not working....Somehow It was not getting a ground? Hooked up a temp ground to relay and turned key on...Pump primed up...My question is does the pump stay running at all times or on and off at random intervals?