F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

full/slip on swap problems. Need help!!!!

Old 12-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default full/slip on swap problems. Need help!!!!

So i have a carbon D&D full system now on my bike. I bought a Two Bros V.A.L.E. M2 carbon slip on and im wondering if the 2bros slip on will work with my D&D headers or will i have to use the stock headers? Also, how bad are the stock headers? Do they rust out fast like a sport quad pipe does? Only reason I ask is because im not by my bike and pipes and someone wants to buy just my D&D can. Will the D&D can and mid-pipe even work with stock headers or would i have to keep the full system together?
Thanks in advance.
Mitch

Old 12-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Default RE: full/slip on swap problems. Need help!!!!

I dont think anybody is going to know the pipe diameter of the stock or D&D headers. I wouldnt be surprised either way if it was the same or a different size. Ive never heard of F4i headers rusting out, I have heard that question before but never any proof of a rust risk.

If there are some pipe size differences just go to your local AutoZone/Advance and try out some of the exhaust couplers and reducers they have on the shelf to mate them together.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:08 PM

You can put any pipe on any existing setup, its what they call customizing it. Any muffler shop will have the reducers or adapters to get it on your bike. Stock headers won't rust, because your not riding in mud with your bike. Mud is what causes rust on any metal if its not cleaned off.

Yah get rid of that D & D and get the Two Bros. you will be much happier with that.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Stephens

Stock headers won't rust, because your not riding in mud with your bike. Mud is what causes rust on any metal if its not cleaned off.
rust is caused by a reaction of oxygen and iron in moisture, not mud. oxygen is a toxic, posionus gas in high doses and will kill you in a matter of minutes under pressure (and your headers in a matter of years). oxygen is what causes apples to turn brownafter taking a bite and things to explode. very nasty stuff... and yes, your stock headers will rust, mud or not.mine are rusted thru about 50% after 6 years. If you live near the ocean (like florida), and in the rain a lot, your headers will rust at a faster rate. The only true way to prevent header rust is to have them galvanized or buy a set that aren't cheap like the stock ones. a homemade vinegar treatment every one in a while helps keep it under control.

But I'd say you can get anywhere between5 to10 years worth of life out of your stock headers, depending on where you live and how often they are exposed to moisture. just my guess...

Old 12-18-2008, 12:07 AM

yah that too. lol