F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Front Master Cylinder says Brake Fluid Low, but Brakes feel ok

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Front Master Cylinder says Brake Fluid Low, but Brakes feel ok

from the sound of things, it would seem you're saying that there's a potential that there will be air in your front brakes? I've never experienced the results of having air in my lines, but considering you'll be having a track day tomorrow, one of the last things you would want is to have something go wrong with your brakes. I'd see what others say, but it sounds like the front brakes might need to be bled.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:18 PM

Its a posibility. If your fluid is low then you have a leak somewhere. Fill it up and take it for a test ride see how the brakes feel. Pump em a couple times. It might be low but not low enough to get air in there. So take the 2 screws off, the black cover, the white cover and the diaphragm then fill and close. Turn the handlebars all the way left so its even.

Pump em up a couple times over and over hard make sure they feel good and make sure nothing leaks. Common leaking place for the front calipers is the bleeders so check it out

Old 03-31-2008, 02:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You usually cant see the fluid in the front reservoir, unless it goes bad. There's no level, usually a very small bubble that you can see through the window. So the glass appears clear with the metal behind clearly visible. it's when it's reddish that you should worry. Just make sure, as you dont want to really pop the top and expose the brake fluid to check if it's there.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:56 PM

I just changed my fluid and i can see it just fine. Opening it up for a min wont do any harm unless you drop something in there.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:30 PM

plus, it will look empty when the handle bars are turned to the right. make sure they are turned to the left to get a correct level