F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Friend's Bad luck - Seized Motor

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friend's Bad luck - Seized Motor

While the bike being discussed is a 600rr I'm posting here because this is where I chill and well... I kinda like you guys

Short version: Friend got a new bike, wreckless ticket, lowsided, seized motor, all in a span of 2 weeks. Read on for full story...

So my friend went out and found a nice '05 600rr with 10,xxx on the clock for i think $4000. I for one was really happy because back when I first got my bike at least 3 other friends had bikes and it was loads of fun. However, one by one they either sold them or stopped riding or went to jail or something lol. So I was thrilled to have someone else to ride with and even though he was a beginner, he had ridden dirt for many years and his skills were enough that we could have some good spirited riding fun.

Then... He ran into a whole lot of bad luck... First, I must tell you that this guy had been the luckiest person I met up to this point. He was always winning ****, like a $500 scratch off or a $500 gift certificate at the local dealership via raffle.

Anyway, so on the way back from taking his basic riding course he gets a wreckless ticket. And apparently this isn't just any wreckless ticket. He passed an undercover going well over 100mph and when the cop finally caught up he said his radar couldn't pick up his speed but that he knew he was flying. According to my friends lawyer, this ticket might get him some jail time.

Then, he calls me at the end of the week and tells me he laid it down. He didn't get a scratch on him but he took a turn too fast and tried to brake mid-turn and lowsided. He lost his mirror, turn signal, and cracked the fairing.

And here's the kicker, for whatever reason he parked his bike in the grass or dirt or something, I'm not positive. It was raining, he comes home and the bike is laying on its side practically upside down because I guess the ground was pitched downward. He picks it up, dusts it off and starts it. Relieved that is is idling fine with no apparent issues he reaches over to give it a little throttle and... *Clank* *Ping*... The bike dies and won't turn over anymore.

So we've concluded that while the bike was laying on its side some oil leaked up into to pistons and when he gave it gas it hydralocked... Poor guy. Bad is I lost my only riding buddy. Good is I'll get to help rebuild the motor, fun stuff.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:07 PM

Sounds like your friend is pretty wreckless and should be taken off the street. First off, if he was riding home from his basic riding course, then I assume he did not have his M license at that time. If so, he will get hit with driving without a license on top of the wreckless and whatever else. Not good. Second, If he is a beginner, he shouldnt be on the road taking "fast" turns regardless, he should be in parking lots geting used to the bike. F hurting himself, He can seriously hurt someone ELSE. Some innocent person! Third, he parked the bike overnight in the grass?!? When it was raining? Guy sounds like a genius!

Old 05-19-2010, 01:35 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

lol sounds like u may end up rebuilding it while he does some jail time

Old 05-19-2010, 01:37 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober
Sounds like your friend is pretty wreckless and should be taken off the street. First off, if he was riding home from his basic riding course, then I assume he did not have his M license at that time. If so, he will get hit with driving without a license on top of the wreckless and whatever else. Not good. Second, If he is a beginner, he shouldnt be on the road taking "fast" turns regardless, he should be in parking lots geting used to the bike. F hurting himself, He can seriously hurt someone ELSE. Some innocent person! Third, he parked the bike overnight in the grass?!? When it was raining? Guy sounds like a genius!
I can already tell where this thread is headed

Old 05-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zmds18

To Hades in a handbasket singing "Polly wolly doodle" all the way?

His kickstand sank into the grass. It can happen on asphalt on hot days. The ground isn't firm enough to support the bike's weight on such a small contact point (the kickstand).

His lawyer sucks. If the cop admitted that his radar was inoperable at the time, a halfway decent lawyer should be able to bargain down to a lesser offense. A good lawyer will be picking his teeth with the officer's badge. "Flyin" isn't a legal definition of a person's speed. If he were "flying" it'd be out of the cop's jurisdiction. It'd be a matter of the FAA. Don't laugh too hard, saw a guy get off with that defense in traffic court.

Your friend is an accident looking for a location. Or at least another one. If you get his bike running again, take his helmet and beat him about the head and shoulders till he promises to ride with some sense. He's repping Honda.

Suzuki is for squids

Old 05-19-2010, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio

His lawyer sucks. If the cop admitted that his radar was inoperable at the time, a halfway decent lawyer should be able to bargain down to a lesser offense. A good lawyer will be picking his teeth with the officer's badge. "Flyin" isn't a legal definition of a person's speed. If he were "flying" it'd be out of the cop's jurisdiction. It'd be a matter of the FAA. Don't laugh too hard, saw a guy get off with that defense in traffic court.
I've been telling him this the whole time... In fact I told him to find a new lawyer lol. Additionally, the jurisdiction of the officer at the time is questionable. It seems a pretty simple case for any decent lawyer but we'll see. Virginia has been pretty harsh on speeding lately so the judge might throw the book at him.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:21 PM

I hate Virginia! Only ticket I've had in 10 years is here in Va. Got it 2 years before i got the bike and it made my Bike insurance go up 35$ a month. :/

Old 05-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn! that sure is badluck with a side of wreckless behavior..**** i didn't hit 100mph for a few months when i first started riding. People "begginers" gotta understand what these things can do.

I dont suggest you bash him, but he is your friend and he is lucky to be alive, if and when he gets back on the road with a bike just tell him to take it easy at first, you gotta give yourself some warm up time before trying anything outta the ordinary. And for the kickstand digging into the dirt, come on! i park my bike on the grass all the time down here in florida and always place the kickstand on top of a loose tile, thats just common sense.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by zmds18

Yea you and me both !!!!! Time for the rest of the biker preachers to come out ..................................................

Old 05-19-2010, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
"Flyin" isn't a legal definition of a person's speed. If he were "flying" it'd be out of the cop's jurisdiction. It'd be a matter of the FAA. Don't laugh too hard...
Trying not to.

Quick Reply: Friend's Bad luck - Seized Motor