F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

freakin irritated

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default freakin irritated

i felt like a dumb *** today, well i was riding my bike pretty much all day just doing my usual thing and learning how the bike handles and stuff cause im still pretty new on it, well i finally get home and pull into my spot and then my helmet gets all foggy and i start thinking about stuff for a minuted then i go to get off the bike and almost drop the freakin thing cause i didnt put the kick stand down, i luckily could hold the bike but still had to gently put it down for a second to get a grip i could pick it up from, didnt do any damage but i looked like an idiot lol, but then when i was checking i didnt pinch and lines or scratch anything i notice 3 lines that lead to the bottom of the bike, i never noticed the lines before and they look just like vacume lines or something but then one looks like it had oil on it so i think it has been leaking and then i take the oil plug out to check the oil level and there is NO freakin oil in the bike, ive never even checked oil on a bike but im pretty sure u shoudl atleast be able to see it if u take the plug off, but my question to u guys is what are those 3 lines that run down the left side to the bottom of the bike, and also they have no kind of cap or anything at the end and should they be like that? sorry about the long post lol

Old 12-13-2006, 12:57 AM
Default RE: freakin irritated

those have to do with the fuel tank, i know theres a couple of those lines that when if u accidentally overflow the fuel tank when putting gas in it, it will go out two of those lines. i just recently had the fuel tank off and traced a couple of those lines. u should also be able to check the oil level thru the little circular window on the right side of the bike. if the level of oil is in the middle of the window when the bike is upright and level, its fine.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:59 AM

nevermind checked the oil and its full, but that line still looks like its leaking

Old 12-13-2006, 01:00 AM

thanks i already checked the oil though but i had to look at the owners manual but thanks anyways it just bothers me that those lines just look like their leaking
ORIGINAL: PHXf4i

those have to do with the fuel tank, i know theres a couple of those lines that when if u accidentally overflow the fuel tank when putting gas in it, it will go out two of those lines. i just recently had the fuel tank off and traced a couple of those lines. u should also be able to check the oil level thru the little circular window on the right side of the bike. if the level of oil is in the middle of the window when the bike is upright and level, its fine.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:11 AM

one is an antifreeze, i noticed mine dripped a few drops before

Old 12-13-2006, 03:54 AM

they are linked to your fuel overflow.....you will have a little comming out and then whe you ride it picks up debris and looks worse than it is....look at you manuel there is nothing to worry about...glad to hear you didnt dribble the bike

Old 12-13-2006, 02:22 PM

when you "gently laid bike down for better grip" gas went up by fuel filler and then out the little hole you can see on the side. If you have ever over filled your ride you can see little drops under bike after a short ride. Mainly from the sloshing around in turns. Nothing to worry about. It kinda freaked me out the first time I saw it.

Old 12-13-2006, 03:43 PM

On my 02 f4i the three lines were hooked to 1- fuel overflow 2- battery box drain 3- crankcase vent. If you tipped it you could very easily see why some oil would come out. As long as your full, I wouldn't get too worked up about it. Yes, they are sposed to be un-capped ! I've done the kick stand thing too. Was an older nighthawk 700 sc, and just broke the clutch handle off, but is way harder on the ego than the bike.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:17 PM

yea definatly hurts the ego more than the bike right after i was just thinkin how i looked like an idiot lol but thanks for all the input, i was thinking they were overflow lines or soemthing but just wanted to make sure
ORIGINAL: FATHEADS1KRR

On my 02 f4i the three lines were hooked to 1- fuel overflow 2- battery box drain 3- crankcase vent. If you tipped it you could very easily see why some oil would come out. As long as your full, I wouldn't get too worked up about it. Yes, they are sposed to be un-capped ! I've done the kick stand thing too. Was an older nighthawk 700 sc, and just broke the clutch handle off, but is way harder on the ego than the bike.

Quick Reply: freakin irritated