F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Frame Sliders... Whatcha Think?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frame Sliders... Whatcha Think?

Sorry if there's already a thread..

I see lots of sliders for the f4i but so far all of them require cutting the fairings... think these dont, Check em out. Anyone have any XP with these or know of some others that are pretty good, let me know thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Frame...spagenameZWD1V

Old 05-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Default RE: Frame Sliders... Whatcha Think?

those are great, you get the look of frame sliders without that pesky "protecting your bike" thing!
lol
bad idea, in a crash those brackets will bend into the frame and if its a hard crash your frame will be bent and yourfairing still broken.

DON'T BUY THEM!

cutting the fairings isn't hard and there great write-ups around on exactly how to do it

Old 05-09-2006, 02:34 PM

Old 05-09-2006, 11:11 PM

Cool... thats what I was wanting to know.

So my next question would be, should I go with the aluminum or the plastic (though its not actually plastic but like it)

Old 05-09-2006, 11:15 PM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: Tre CBRF4I

Cool... thats what I was wanting to know.

So my next question would be, should I go with the aluminum or the plastic (though its not actually plastic but like it)
plastic. or delrin, derlin, whatever it is. the aluminum looks good but your bike will slide farther while on the ground. the "plastic" ones will grind down and the bike will stop sliding sooner. besides, you want a material that is softer than the bolts holding them so the sliders with give before the bolts/mounts will.

Old 05-09-2006, 11:30 PM

^^^ exactly, Vortex are my favorite, trust me they work, I'm a professional crasher, lol. They are made of delrin, which is a soft plastic that will grind down as the bike slides. Metal sliders will slide but not allow the bike to slow down because they won't "grip" the ground like delrin sliders do as they wear down, meaning the metal sliders laso have a tendency to bounce if they hit a bump or anything, as well as leave shards of metal on the road/track, and its possible that if the bike hits the ground with a lot of force, the slider can punch into the frame rather than crushing/grinding like a delrin slider would. Basically there is no reason to use metal sliders, ever.

Old 05-10-2006, 04:43 AM

Yeah, dont risk it. Even if its 7075 aluminum it would be too soft. If it where Steel , I would say they would be too hard. Either way those brackets are a bad design IMO.

Old 05-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Banned

Vortex. Those ebay ones don't look like they'll help.

Search this forum for some detailed instructions on how to cut your fairings the best way.

Old 05-10-2006, 10:51 AM

Kk , Thanks lots guys, Im gonna get some of those Vortex ones.

Old 05-13-2006, 11:11 PM

to protect your bike the best you have to cut your fairings. make it a clean cut! man, not to sound high and mighty, but from a stunters pov, just get a cage, it will save you a whole hell of a lot of money down the road. all sliders bend and break during a fall (not always true with the motor bolt) check the actual slider next time you go down i bet they will be cracked. there actually are cages that look very clean and allow you to be a canyon carver. just my .02

Quick Reply: Frame Sliders... Whatcha Think?