F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

forks on a f4i

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default forks on a f4i

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF 600RR FORKS WOULD FIT A F4I?

Old 04-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: forks on a f4i

no.

Old 04-13-2007, 07:16 PM

929 forks will fit i think but i believe the clip ons will sit low and u wont have full turning radius. someone correct me if i'm wrong

Old 04-14-2007, 05:24 AM

I LOOKED ON EBAY AND THERES A GUY SELLING A SET OFF A 600RR CLAIMING THAT IT WILL FIT AN F4I. (JUST WANTED 2 CHECK WITH U GUYS)

Old 04-14-2007, 03:33 PM

Hi All:
If my memory serves me right, the RR forks are inverted ones ( "upside down"), while the F4i are "conventional forks", so I fail to see how they might be interchanable, unles wer'e talkingswaping the whoe forks+two triple clamps ( upper and lower) and throw in the wheel !!
BTW,Iown a 2006 CBR600F, I think in the US it also goes by the name F4i, and I'm looking for a way to improve my fork adjustabilty. Any Ideas shortof an Ohlins fork \ tubes?
All the best from sunny Israel.
Eyal.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:56 PM

they'll fit if you do a whole front end conversion (forks, triples, wheel) all hondas are interchangable if you do the whole front end.

Old 04-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

03-04RR forks were also conventional. But I still don't know if they will fit.

As far as changing internals, I just had that work done. I got new Racetech springs, Showa Hi-Flow rebound pistons, Racetech Goldcompression valves, and of course matching shim stacks.

There are varied opinions as to what works best, but trust me, don't spend big bucks for Superbike forks. At most I'd recommend getting the Ohlins upgrade kit, if you wanted to go Ohlins. Most places will tell you they can modify the stock valves and change the shim stack. It's a good option that saves money.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:07 PM

Well said Jaybird, and well done !!
Who did you choose to do your work for you, and did you have to send over your fork \ tubes to them or do they do it in any other way?
"As far as changing internals, I just had that work done. I got new Racetech springs, Showa Hi-Flow rebound pistons, Racetech Goldcompression valves, and of course matching shim stacks"
As for changing internals Vs. changing forks, would'nt you say that a F4i fork caracaristicks would best fit a F4i bike, more so then a RR fork, or would you suggest that once you change the internals, the forks will just do what you tell them to ??
TIA,
Eyal.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been told by several suspension Gurus that Honda has been mucking with the quality of the components in the CBR series over the years. They have said that the F4-F4i benefits greatly with upgraded and/or modified valving. The valving is just too restrictive from the factory to flow any amount of decent fluid.

With that said, I'd say get your suspension reworked, rather than replace with stock components from another CBR. Unless you're 150lbs, then I may suggest modifying the 07RR components to fit, but who reallyknows what's in those?!?!

Really, after getting my forks back I can tell the difference in stiffness and I haven't even ridden the bike yet.

Old 04-16-2007, 06:40 AM

Hi Jaybird:
In Israel, the 2006 CBR (designated it the US as F4i) comes with a front fork with no means of any adjustabilty (not like in the states, where you have spring preload, rebound and damping adjustability). So I can choose between getting OEM forks, and put a gold valving internals in them, or complete Ohlins fork, tubes lower members and internals.
Any advice?
Eyal.

Quick Reply: forks on a f4i