CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   A fond farewell (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/fond-farewell-101256/)

irule 09-22-2009 09:17 PM

A fond farewell

1 Attachment(s)
Well…I must bid you all farewell. It seems that I just don’t fit in here anymore. After owning the F4i for two glorious years, I was taken out by a lexus SUV in a circle, or for those of you who reside outside of Jersey, a roundabout or rotary. The bike held up surprisingly well despite flipping over end over end, but alas, the insurance man said the damage amounted to $5300, which is more than what I paid for it…The bike is totaled. (ride with your gear on. Didn’t have a scratch on me.)

In any event, the insurance company had great difficulty finding a fair market value for the bike. You see, to determine how much your bike is worth, they find your make and model bike in the same condition with the same mileage that are for sale in your area, average them, and come up with a value of your bike. Basically, they want to pay you what it would cost you to replace the bike your lost.

Well, apparently there were not many 04 F4i’s for sale in my area, because they could not find a comparable model that was for sale. So, they gave me NADA value, which turns out to be more than what I paid for it two years ago.

So what’s the point of this rambling mess, well ladies, I moved up in the world. Unfortunately, its not a CBR...nor a Honda….nor Japanese, American, or German….

Feast your eyes on my new baby....Expensive as hell, but a beast and a blast to ride…and you have to love the single arm swingarm. Sorry about the cell phone pic

So I take this time to thank everyone who answered my questions and helped me out with the F4i on this forum. The forum is a great source of information and it was a real pleasure to be a part of. Except for VTCbr, who’s just a douche. I mean, how many times do I have to hear that my hotbodies undertail has dim lights. Gotta join a duc forum now. See ya

bwayers 09-22-2009 10:17 PM

i officially hate you now

that is the bike of my wet dreams

2H company 09-23-2009 02:12 AM

:icon_doh: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

How could you... That easily... Become... a Ducati OWNER!!!!

Haha, gratz man!!! The bike looks awesome! OMG!!!! It's awesome awesome!!!
I think better than Honda can be only Ducati.

Keep it well maintained and you know... take her for a walk to a track sometimes )))

And gratz again!

Incognito 09-23-2009 04:22 AM

That settles it; I'm going to try and get hit by an SUV so I can get a Ducati too.
Take care mang ~ Glad you're OK.

Zero1080 09-23-2009 05:24 AM

Yeah, glad to see you're good to go. And CONGRATS ON THE DUC!

DBEAU 09-23-2009 07:52 AM

Did you put that insurance money as a down payment on the full coverage for the duc...haha
congrats, Its a beautiful bike.

j4eric 09-23-2009 09:03 AM

ariba derci....keep your mastercard handy :-)

Elfling 09-23-2009 11:07 AM

Feck, I love the 848. Congrats, man :) Don't get too elitist on us now ;)

hondajunkie 09-23-2009 11:10 AM

So long...thanx for contributing to the forum.
COngrat s on the 848...good choice :icon_mrgreen:
truth be told, that's the exact bike I would own if I didnt have my F4i :)
Good luck and enjoy it!

yog182 09-23-2009 11:15 AM

Yeah i hope you don't turn into the douche bag that wears the Ducati shirt and walks by the other riders with your nose up in the air!!

Although that single sided swing arm is pretty damn sexxxy!!
Congrats!