F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Folding Brake pedal

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Folding Brake pedal

After getting my new bike in working conditions, I moved up to the next project on the bike. The brake pedal was bent, I tried to fix it with a torch, and ended up braking it

After doing a quick search, it seems that a "new" one will cost me little over $50 So, I found a folding brake pedal" on ebay for about $25. Is anybody using it? Any experience with it? Recommendations?

Here is the link to the pedal on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=170267763972

Old 03-22-2009, 10:52 PM

I bought some new turn signals from that guy on ebay and I thought that the price vs. quality was pretty good, especially compared to the pricey-ness of stock!

Old 03-22-2009, 11:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I used both the folding shift pedal and brake pedal to replace both of my OEM ones. My brake pedal was not too bent, but I just did it for the hell of it to have a matching set since I was doing my shift pedal.

Here are some pics:

Name:  DSCF0778.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  62.9 KB

Name:  DSCF0819.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  55.5 KB

Name:  DSCF0782.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  47.1 KB

Name:  DSCF0826.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  61.4 KB

I was originally going to get black, but decided to go with the silver.

I purchased them form the same seller. Fast shipping.

One word of advise though, I would buy some of the ring clamp tools if you don't already own them, because it will just make things a lot easier when changing your pedal. I did it without the tool, but it was really difficult and if you lose the ring clamp from it flinging far away, its just annoying because you will have to order a new one and wait.

I haven't rode the bike yet, but I tested the pedals in simulation and they feel just as normal as the OEM ones.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by TikkiTakki
I bought some new turn signals from that guy on ebay and I thought that the price vs. quality was pretty good, especially compared to the pricey-ness of stock!
Thanks for the info

Originally Posted by supersnake83
I used both the folding shift pedal and brake pedal to replace both of my OEM ones. My brake pedal was not too bent, but I just did it for the hell of it to have a matching set since I was doing my shift pedal.

Here are some pics:

I was originally going to get black, but decided to go with the silver.

I purchased them form the same seller. Fast shipping.

One word of advise though, I would buy some of the ring clamp tools if you don't already own them, because it will just make things a lot easier when changing your pedal. I did it without the tool, but it was really difficult and if you lose the ring clamp from it flinging far away, its just annoying because you will have to order a new one and wait.

I haven't rode the bike yet, but I tested the pedals in simulation and they feel just as normal as the OEM ones.
They look GREAT!

Both pedals (the peg part) look smaller than the OEM ones, is that a correct statement?

Old 03-23-2009, 07:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by knonfs
Both pedals (the peg part) look smaller than the OEM ones, is that a correct statement?
Well, in terms of size, the shift pedal is only smaller (thinner) because it don't have the rubber around it. The brake pedal just don't have that thick part near the inner part of the pedals (ped part). Both pedals, however, are the same lenght and the folding part (the L/peg part) comes out the same length as the OEM pedals, so there really isn't much difference in size. Actually, when I put the new pedals on top of the old pedals when both old and new were off of the bike, I sized them up by putting them on top of each other and they were about 99 % the same size.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:59 AM

Well, in terms of size, the shift pedal is only smaller (thinner) because it don't have the rubber around it. The brake pedal just don't have that thick part near the inner part of the pedals (ped part). Both pedals, however, are the same lenght and the folding part (the L/peg part) comes out the same length as the OEM pedals, so there really isn't much difference in size. Actually, when I put the new pedals on top of the old pedals when both old and new were off of the bike, I sized them up by putting them on top of each other and they were about 99 % the same size.

Hope this helps.
That exactly the info I was looking for, and I will be looking for

You ROCK!!!!

Old 03-23-2009, 09:34 AM

what type of tool is it? im about to change my brake pedal also. heres a link to what i found, is this it?

http://www.mytoolstore.com/kd/kdspec19.html

Old 03-23-2009, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by xvcydvx
what type of tool is it? im about to change my brake pedal also. heres a link to what i found, is this it?

http://www.mytoolstore.com/kd/kdspec19.html
Yup, I have the first one, and its reversible, so you can expand or contract the the ring clamp (depending on the application). I purchased mine at Sears fro about the same price.