Fixing her after the Accident

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 10:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!

Old 05-18-2015, 05:39 PM
Default Fairings

are you happy with the aftermarket fairings. I am going through the same thing rebuilding my f4i. And I am going crazy trying to find the right place to get my fairings.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:13 PM

I just replaced my fairings with a set from ABSfairings and I'm not impressed at all. They're custom work looks nice but if you buy something with just a stock color scheme it comes from Shanghai. Mine showed up with some scratches and paint chipping, as well as some cracks. Mostly from bad packaging from what I could tell. If the bike was mint I would be furious but it's been down before.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:48 PM

I'm going crazy trying t find a place to get after market fairings that aren't crap

Old 05-20-2015, 11:55 AM

Most of these kits come from the same factories in China and arrive with damaged packaging.
If you order them from sites like Alibaba (AliExpress.com - Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles from China.) or Dhgate.com, then you get escrow protection and decent resolution process.
I bought my repsol kit from a vendor on Dhgate. The box was damaged in shipping, so a couple of pieces were damaged.
I made the vendor pay me $75 and ship me two replacement pieces on his dime.
Just expect to not receive an OEM quality kit and be prepared to modify or take it to a body shop.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by BXBLAZE95
are you happy with the aftermarket fairings. I am going through the same thing rebuilding my f4i. And I am going crazy trying to find the right place to get my fairings.
I'm much happier with the aftermarket fairings than I was with the cracked and scratched original ones. I only have to complaints 3 complaints.

1. Took nearly 2 months to get, although they made up by refunding me some of the money back

2. The most crucial part, the rear fender mounting points were too thick and I had to sand down with a dremel/drill and sanding bit in order to make it fit otherwise it would have broken if "forced" as extremefairings suggested me to do after contacting them. just a bit of force before sanding it down led to some stretching of the paint!

3. the front fender and right fairing have a slight gap but I think its because of the rubber grommet/bolts being used.

overall I'd recommend if you're handing enough. Time will tell on quality though.

Originally Posted by Kevwa451
I just replaced my fairings with a set from ABSfairings and I'm not impressed at all. They're custom work looks nice but if you buy something with just a stock color scheme it comes from Shanghai. Mine showed up with some scratches and paint chipping, as well as some cracks. Mostly from bad packaging from what I could tell. If the bike was mint I would be furious but it's been down before.
Mine came nearly flawless. by nearly I don't necessarily mean there was damage or anything, in fact it was very nicely packaged and box looked NEW when it arrived, not dents or wet spots. There was however a very small amount of overspray/paint run on a small spot of the fairings but hardly noticeable.

Originally Posted by BXBLAZE95
I'm going crazy trying t find a place to get after market fairings that aren't crap
Based on my initial quality, price, email communication, and final looks.. I would recommend extremefairings.com Just expect possible long shipping and a little modification to make it fit but in my opinion they look overall good for the money, good value initially. Time will tell how well they hold up.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:27 AM

Quick pic I took the other night

Name:  Agu_YsJ8XgwvW2JAZODrE558vcVt_DLojuhyl3r35dUk_zpsmzusfedl.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  147.3 KB

Old 06-23-2015, 12:18 PM

Looks great! I got my fairings from nicecycle.com and when they came some pieces were chipped and scratched and the tail fairing fit so tight it cracked. So I emailed them and they're sending out a whole new set. I haven't received them yet but will let you know how they look.

Old 06-23-2015, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by R1der02
Looks great! I got my fairings from nicecycle.com and when they came some pieces were chipped and scratched and the tail fairing fit so tight it cracked. So I emailed them and they're sending out a whole new set. I haven't received them yet but will let you know how they look.
Aaaah that sucks! sounds like you had the same issue as me on this post
https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-...2/#post1288180

Once you get the new one, you'll most likely need to sand/grid/shave the mounting points otherwise it'll break. Let me know if you need any help, if I cant ride there, worst case scenario you ride to the city

Old 06-23-2015, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Colombo
Aaaah that sucks! sounds like you had the same issue as me on this post
https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-...2/#post1288180

Once you get the new one, you'll most likely need to sand/grid/shave the mounting points otherwise it'll break. Let me know if you need any help, if I cant ride there, worst case scenario you ride to the city

Thanks man, yeah I'll definitely let you know what happens.