CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Fixing her after the Accident (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/fixing-her-after-accident-153315/)

Colombo 03-12-2015 03:59 PM

Fixing her after the Accident

Alright guys, it has been a while since I have posted so here is my chance.

For those who don't know this relatively new member, I have a 2002 F4i white/black purchased in late April 2014. In June, just 1.5 short months later, a girl from work backed into the bike causing some nasty cracks and scratches. It took a while to get insurance money and well, it the damage wasn't as bad as it could have been. 3 months later in September, I am riding to work in the morning when this idiot in a Civic made a right turn from a side street while I was on the main street and all without once looking left. Luckily I had not fixed the bike from the first accident..

Bike has been in the garage all winter and now that Chicago is finally getting some nice weather, i decided to order everything to fix it. I'm flying to Colombia for spring break so the fairings should be here by the time I get back.. I bought them from extremefairings.com and hope the shipping time and fitment are not an issue. Just order the stator cover from Honda as well :)

So I'm going to be doing a few things while the fairings all off such as check for coolant leaks. I got a good whiff of coolant last summer and want to make sure its all good. Also changing the oil and sanding a few small spots on the frame where there are some minor scratches from the fall.

Just so this thread doesn't sound useless, I'd like to throw in a question since my OEM muffler got pretty scratched up. I am looking for an aftermarket muffler that does NOT sound overly loud, annoying, or raspy. I am wanting a tone that's similar to that of a Nissan 350z, G35, or FX35. I know you cant compare a car engine to a bike but its just to give you an idea of what sort of exhaust note I'd be happy with. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Ride safe guys!

hawkwind 03-12-2015 06:26 PM

Good luck with the rebuild, hope the fairings work out for you.

Not familiar with the exhaust sound from a Nissan 350Z, is it a deep tone?

74demon 03-12-2015 07:37 PM

Have a look through this thread
https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-...-sounds-33255/

Justin Paul Calvin 03-12-2015 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Colombo (Post 1286902)
Alright guys, it has been a while since I have posted so here is my chance.

For those who don't know this relatively new member, I have a 2002 F4i white/black purchased in late April 2014. In June, just 1.5 short months later, a girl from work backed into the bike causing some nasty cracks and scratches. It took a while to get insurance money and well, it the damage wasn't as bad as it could have been. 3 months later in September, I am riding to work in the morning when this idiot in a Civic made a right turn from a side street while I was on the main street and all without once looking left. Luckily I had not fixed the bike from the first accident..

Bike has been in the garage all winter and now that Chicago is finally getting some nice weather, i decided to order everything to fix it. I'm flying to Colombia for spring break so the fairings should be here by the time I get back.. I bought them from extremefairings.com and hope the shipping time and fitment are not an issue. Just order the stator cover from Honda as well :)

So I'm going to be doing a few things while the fairings all off such as check for coolant leaks. I got a good whiff of coolant last summer and want to make sure its all good. Also changing the oil and sanding a few small spots on the frame where there are some minor scratches from the fall.

Just so this thread doesn't sound useless, I'd like to throw in a question since my OEM muffler got pretty scratched up. I am looking for an aftermarket muffler that does NOT sound overly loud, annoying, or raspy. I am wanting a tone that's similar to that of a Nissan 350z, G35, or FX35. I know you cant compare a car engine to a bike but its just to give you an idea of what sort of exhaust note I'd be happy with. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Ride safe guys!

I personally have the Muzzy slip on, and its a very deep and throaty sound. Not raspy at all, kind of like a subaru at low idle and ramps up as your blip the throttle.

Colombo 03-13-2015 09:58 AM

Ladies and Gents, thank you all for the helpful replies. Here are some pictures, of the first accident's damage caused by the Jeep backing into my bike at work.. I'll try to upload the ones after the real accident shortly.

Justin Paul Calvin, I've got to hear it. I cant say I'm the biggest fan of the boxer engine sound but I do like that it's very deep for a 4 cylinder. It's a bit throaty for my taste but I can probably live with it. Got a vid or sound clip?

74demon - thanks for the link, will def check it out!

Hawkwind, yes it's semi deep.. see the video below for the G35 which is the same as the 350z...

As far as exhaust, I did a quick youtube search for stock g35 exhaust and while the videos dont do justice, you'll get an idea.

Colombo 03-13-2015 10:08 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Attachment 27801

Attachment 27802

Attachment 27803

Attachment 27804

Attachment 27805

Attachment 27806

Attachment 27807

Attachment 27808

Colombo 03-13-2015 10:35 AM

For the second accident (the one where I was actually ON the motorcycle and not just tipped over while parked at work) I wasn't so lucky but at the same time I'm grateful I was able to dust myself off and take pictures with only one small scratch on my arm from the motorcycle jacket's liner and a bit of road rash on my knee. Glad I had my gear on, although riding pants vs jeans would have been even better but you live and learn. Here are the pictures for the accident in September.

Colombo 03-13-2015 10:38 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Attachment 27793

Attachment 27794

Attachment 27795

Attachment 27796

Attachment 27797

Attachment 27798

Attachment 27799

Attachment 27800

Justin Paul Calvin 03-13-2015 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Colombo (Post 1286940)
Ladies and Gents, thank you all for the helpful replies. Here are some pictures, of the first accident's damage caused by the Jeep backing into my bike at work.. I'll try to upload the ones after the real accident shortly.

Justin Paul Calvin, I've got to hear it. I cant say I'm the biggest fan of the boxer engine sound but I do like that it's very deep for a 4 cylinder. It's a bit throaty for my taste but I can probably live with it. Got a vid or sound clip?

Yeah man I'll make a video of it, have the tank in the shop and won't be able to do the vid till I get it back. I'm also making a intro video to my motovlog channel and a how to with chain and sprocket replacement. With a auto jack haha cause I'm cheap.

Conrice 03-15-2015 12:47 PM

Stupid cars and their drivers.... SMH

Glad you're alright, but I hate seeing riders go down.