F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

first time in the rain, first time on the turns....

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 12:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first time in the rain, first time on the turns....

So i completely suck when it comes to the twisties. they're fun as hell though.

I overshot my first turn by 2 lanes [:@] my friend leading didn't give me me a warning. after that i was fine.

then it started to rain. [&:] so i went home.

it was fun. but i want to do that like every weekend. it was so much fun.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:49 AM
Default RE: first time in the rain, first time on the turns....

Yeah I hit up the twisties today. Can't wait to get out even more.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:05 AM
IDL

I'm always thinking a deer will be standing on the road around the corner, or some dumbass will be rounding the corner half way into my lane.

I haven't found good twisties that have good visibility in my area, but nothin beats cornering fast

Old 04-23-2007, 01:12 AM

I live for them. Lucky for me I live in twistie country and Deals Gap is about 1.5 hours away!! May be headed up there Tuesday if the rain stays away!!

Old 04-23-2007, 01:23 AM

ORIGINAL: themadpaki

I overshot my first turn by 2 lanes [:@] my friend leading didn't give me me a warning. after that i was fine.
Why is it your friend's responsibility to give you a warning??????

You are responsible for your own ride. If you are not familiar with the roads you are riding, you should not be riding them aggressively. You overshot this time by 2 lanes and you got lucky. You may not be such next time.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:44 AM

ORIGINAL: abadfish

You are responsible for your own ride. If you are not familiar with the roads you are riding, you should not be riding them aggressively. You overshot this time by 2 lanes and you got lucky. You may not be such next time.
well, when you tell your friend, "Hey, it's my first time, so lead but don't push it so i can watch your technique" He even apologized after saying it was his fault.

you really need to calm down dude. It's not like we're all flawless here buddy. so take your angry purple font elsewhere.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Retired Moderator

Paki,
Abad is right, though. You need to make sure that if you don't know the road, you take it easy. You may even hit a few corners, turn around, and hit them again. You need to be comfortable with the road, first, then you can get more aggressive. I remember my first ride with a friend, and I went in too fast, and ended up in the other lane going around a blind corner. I shudder thinkind about how lucky I was not to get a face full of a cage's grill! Just be careful, and remember you have to rely on yourself 100% of the time. Twisties are great, and you want to enjoy them for a long time. Take it easy, and be patient.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:15 PM

Hey man not trying to critique here, just offer an experience. When I first got my bike I rode and still ride with some guys whos slow time is too fast for me. However I was trying to keep up and they knew I didnt have much experience at the time. We were on the skyway rocking curves and had been riding all day. Had a few scares but I never said anything. Well to them they were crawling but I was flying. Long story short on the way home I finally burnt one and my front tire BARELY touched the grass. However this was enough to destroy the front end of my bike when it slipped and ended up in the guardrail! If I had just rode at my pace I wouldnt have had to spend close to $800 on ebay buying parts.

Since then Ive gotten faster and faster but I also know the roads now too! That helps, especially knowing that certain blind corners really tighten up at times!

Old 04-23-2007, 06:33 PM

ORIGINAL: abadfish

well, when you tell your friend, "Hey, it's my first time, so lead but don't push it so i can watch your technique" He even apologized after saying it was his fault.

you really need to calm down dude. It's not like we're all flawless here buddy. so take your angry purple font elsewhere.
sounds like you're the one with the anger issues. I'm merely pointing out the obvious (which others have stated as well).

Your buddy is not the one making you twist the throttle, your buddy is not the one making you go wide, your buddy will NOT be the one to end up as a hood ornament. The first rule of any group ride is that all individual riders ride their own ride.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:22 PM

i rode for 2hours in a downpour on my gixxer 600at deals gap. i learned a lot about throttle control

Quick Reply: first time in the rain, first time on the turns....