F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

First test drive and my bike fell!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First test drive and my bike fell!

So i brought a used 02 f4i recently. i was going out for a nice "get-to-know-your-bike" ride and at a stop, i accidently missed my footing and the bike fell to the left, i was trying to hold it as much as i can, but couldnt. then some guys saw me and came to help me. no fairings scratched, but some kind of huge cap is scratched on the bottom. according to my manual, the thing that is scratched is to the left of the engine idle speed. the manual does not name what that part i scratched is called. is there any aftermarket item for that? a hard cover maybe? replacement? thanks.

EDIT: oh will frame sliders protect against that?

Last edited by normant; 08-27-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:34 PM

That cover is your Stator Cover. Replacements usually range anywhere from 50-100

Old 08-27-2009, 02:39 PM

I believe that's the engine stator cover you're talking about. You can invest in a armor for the cover but I did a search and can't find any for the F4i. This site has a few of them you can check out but they're for other bike models/brands.

http://www.forwardmotionmc.com/pcc-8...se-savers.aspx

Old 08-27-2009, 02:53 PM

oh thanks guys! i have the same color and year as your bike f4ith. does anyone know about the frame sliders protecting it?

Old 08-27-2009, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by normant
oh thanks guys! i have the same color and year as your bike f4ith. does anyone know about the frame sliders protecting it?
Id say no, by looking at my bike it would almost land on the slider and your case.. A cage in fact would protect it tho.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:49 PM

I really doubt that any set of sliders will protect the stator cover. They either have to be longer or placed lower. I wouldn't recommend doing either though. First will just look odd (if you can find longer), second wouldn't be able to withstand as much impact, because it won't be mounted directly on the frame.

And yea, the cost vary from 50 to 100. Going to change mine as well. Also, during replacement of the cover you will loose a good amount of oil. Sooo, I'd change it when the oil is due.

Last edited by 2H company; 08-27-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by 2H company
I really doubt that any set of sliders will protect the stator cover. They either have to be longer or placed lower. I wouldn't recommend doing either though. First will just look odd (if you can find longer), second wouldn't be able to withstand as much impact, because it won't be mounted directly on the frame.

And yea, the cost vary from 50 to 100. Going to change mine as well. Also, duirng replacing of the cover you will loose a good amount of oil. Sooo, I'd change it when the oil is due.
oh thats a great idea! and if you find any stator cover armor protector, make sure to tell me! i feel like i might drop it again. damn is it heavy.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:18 PM

if you find any stator cover armor protector
As I know there is no such thing. You can find thicker one, but that's about it.

And btw, by the passport our bikes weight about 330lb, which is nothing compare to Harleys. I've caught mine a couple of times lol

Old 08-27-2009, 07:33 PM

Congrats on the new bike. Low speeds are the trickiest, imo, especially when you ride a new bike that you aren't used to. Don't feel bad, my stator cover is scratched too

Old 08-27-2009, 07:43 PM

Well, they say you will dump a new bike, and at least you got it out of the way!

Quick Reply: First test drive and my bike fell!