F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

First ride on my 2002 F4i...

Old 04-19-2011, 04:48 PM
Default First ride on my 2002 F4i...

So yesterday was my first ride on my 2002 F4i I recently got. Honestly my first ride on a street bike on the road period. I rode 100 miles and it was amazing. Me and my dad rode , he has a Harley. We just took took off and took back roads all the way and I have never had that much fun. I even got a few chances to really crack into the bike and I was amazed how much power it has. The only thing I don't like is that the previous owner put a 55 tooth rear sprocket on it so its a higher rpm just cruising than I would like it to be, and I also think that sprocket has thrown the speedometer off alot. I have purchased a original sprocket that I will have put on soon. Other than that the bike rides amazing. Its so cool how you in certain areas you can feel the temperature changes and all the different smells, and it clears your mind of everything. I can't wait for summer to get here as I plan on doing some hard core riding.

Also I'm 6'8 and 240 pounds, I was very comfortable on this bike.

Last edited by HarleyZ28; 04-19-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:29 PM

I'm sure we all felt a little like you did on our first ride. Just be safe and ATGATT

Old 04-19-2011, 06:48 PM

Yep, its a great feeling. Its a special thing to ride w/ your dad too. Glad you enjoyed it.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr View Post
special thing to ride w/ your dad too.
+1

Loved my first ride. My old man has a Harley too, and we swap bikes sometimes. I think he secretely prefers to ride mine.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:34 PM

Just rode mine for the first time too last Sunday. Rode with my dad who has a '82 Honda Goldwing haha. It's probably some of the most fun I've ever had.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:50 PM

You fellas are lucky.
I don't want my pappy to know I have a bike. He's had an '03 Shadow 750 and now a 650 Suzuki Bergman. It would we great if we rode together, just that he wouldn't take the news very well since he's a bit overprotective.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:42 AM

Sounds like you've been bit by the bug already.

It IS amazing how much power they have. The first time i rode mine it felt like a damn rocket, it blew me away. AND IT'S ONLY A 600! (and an older 600 compared to whats out there)

You'll enjoy street riding much more with that stock (or close to it) sprocket. 55 teeth sounds horribly limiting..

Just ride within your limits, and always respect the bike and road. Nobody likes broken legs

Last edited by Sick97SS; 04-20-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:08 AM

I wish my Dad rode. My Dad said he used to have an 80 cc bike back in Poland when he was younger, but obviously that doesn't compare to anything we ride here. I feel like I would be a bit nervous about him riding though.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by AnthonyTxL View Post
he wouldn't take the news very well since he's a bit overprotective.
And apparently a bit hypocritical.

I doubt any father loves it when their son/daughter takes off down the road on a bike, but my dad had one when he was young so he has no right to be upset about me having one.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Seafordguy View Post
And apparently a bit hypocritical.

I doubt any father loves it when their son/daughter takes off down the road on a bike, but my dad had one when he was young so he has no right to be upset about me having one.
Unless he's one of those cruiser guys who thinks those darn "crotch rockets" will kill you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First ride on my 2002 F4i...

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.