F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

first post w/ bike pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 11:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: first post w/ bike pics

ORIGINAL: JLeosnow
BTW, do you have anyrear pics of your bike? I would like to see the undertail that is installed on it. Do you know what brand it is?
ill get some, idk what brand it is. personlly i would never reccomend it to anyone because the lens is not removeable and theres some waterspots in there that are really bugging me! the fit isnt perfect either..

ORIGINAL: earl_rocket
Nice bike man, how's that pipe LOUD or soft?
depends on how fast you are! pretty mellow till the power hits.

ORIGINAL: pitsvtec
Have you fixed the problem yet?
lol i just found out how to fix it yesterday.

by the look of simplicity of the manual ajuster i think ill just make one!
is there a groove for the oring?
any oil seepage with the manual cct?

Old 07-18-2006, 04:05 PM

Nice looking bike. I agree with getting rid of the windscreen all it will do is cause you more trouble with the cops. If I go wit aftermarket winscreeens I only go with a light smoke one nothing darker. Now only one thing wrong with the picture with you on the bike, your gear. You need to get a new Jacket it is way to loose on you. It should only be loose enought o get a back protector undernieth of it and that is all. You also need to get some boots, pants and gauntlet gloves to better protect yourself. If you go down you will wish you had all of that on. Wearing a jacket that is as loose as yours is almost just as bad as not havign it on at all. If you go down you are still going to get abrashions cause the material is going to rub your skin off cause it does not fit properly. But other than congradulations on your purchase. Enjoy it, respect it and ride safe not like a squid.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:39 PM

pic was the first day i had the bike but..
dont think i could ever avoid abrasions, ive learned that theres nothing that compare to what ive already been through

got gloves, getting boots manyana, and pants are definetly on the "by next weekend" list.
thanks for the help.

Old 07-19-2006, 02:08 AM

I am glad to see you say that bro. Shows your maturity by saying that. I have a couple friends who thought I was crazy for never getting on my bike without full gear and now they have road rash scars cause they didn't think it was necessary or it was to hot. I always tell them I would rather sweat than bleed anyday. I hope you enjoy your machie I really liked mine until a van decided to take it out for me. But now with my 600rr I like it better but I will never downplay the F4i cause it is a great bike and all around has a little of both worlds regarding comfort and sportability.

Old 07-28-2006, 10:58 AM

buy or make a manual one they are so simpleto install and set tension a monkey could do it. yes there is a o ring on the screw, the main part where the screw threads through has a conter sink in it so that the o ring can seat in it. make sure u get a new gasket for it.

Old 07-28-2006, 04:45 PM

Definitly go with the manual. Why fight the OEM CCT, when you will rarely ever have to adjust the manual one.

Or you could try the CCT fix where you flare the pin holding the tip on. I have heard people that had luck with that. All it will cost you is a new gasket and some time.

Old 07-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the board! You too BlackdogF4i (where's your newbie post[8D]). When ya get a chance post up your pics in a gallery. And don't forget to vote for Ride of the Month.