F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

first metting with the PO

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 02:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first metting with the PO

So i was out for an evening ride tonight and as im driving back into town it goes from a 45 to a 30 well i was at about 50 (edit: i decelerated to 40 as i hit the sign) until i hit the 30, A cop passed me, he immediatly flipped on his lights flipped a u-turn in the middle of a 4 lane road and came right up on my ***. I was like fine i'm caught no big deal, the cop gets out the kid was about my age (22-25) ask's me all the usual bs about liscence registration and proof of insurance. Well i was kind of flustered so i pulled off my gloves started searching my wallet for everything got into the back seat of my bike to hand him my registration about that time he says in a smart *** tone "you even have insurance for this thing son", well what ever yuh here it is, he says ok well you know i clocked you doing 50 in a 30! I told him no way, i was doing about 40, he responded with "I'm sorry sir but the only person behind you was way back and this thing doesn't even go that far". I told him fine i guess my display must be off, he said back to me " well i guess it must be". So he glances down at my liscence and in a complete smart *** tone tells me "well i see that you just got this bike (i've had my bike for almost a year now and he was looking at my registration that suprise you have to renew each year) and your wearing your helmet and your old enough that its not required that really good for you, thats really good, well ill just be ticketing you for the 50 in the 30" Like he was giving me a break! Finally i just asked him if I could see the reading, he took me to the car and i swear it was so fishy, i was doing exactly 50 even and he was doing exactly 35. So i got my ticket (as i was waiting about 4 other cop cars go driving by me) and started driving off and i was like there is no way in hell i was going 50 i knew i was in second gear so i popped it into second and hit the highway I went up to 50 in second and it was at 8500-9000rpm im sorry but if i was at the speed in second i would have known about it, but what can i do, i can't prove anything and its a huge *** fine, points on my liscence and insurance hike.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:41 AM
Default RE: first metting with the PO

Tough break man, its hard not to speed, but arguing with a police officer won't get you anywhere. Just suck it up and take the ticket. Do the crime pay the fine.

Old 04-15-2007, 03:30 AM

Damn! I would just live for the tickets if i lived in the US. Here in Malta, there is no way the police officer is gonna stop you for overspeeding. There are a few speed cameras around but they dont catch us cos our plates are so horizontal that it would take a satellite view to see them. Point system, insurance hikes.... brrr.... brings me shivers. There's a friend of mine who is a police officer and when we occasionaly meet on a sunday ride, he asks me to speed up the twisties and he tries to "chase" me with his police bike - the only excuse he's gotto push his bike.

Old 04-15-2007, 03:45 AM

dude, i'd fight that ****. there are plenty of angles to take as a defense. just gotta take some time to research & show up in court. it's worth it not to get an insurance hike though!!!

i've gotten ticketed twice... took traffic school for one and beat the other without a lawyer.

Old 04-15-2007, 03:58 AM

Lawyer up and fight it. Your insurance rates will thank you.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:27 AM

Smart people use a lawyer. My last two tickets (at the same time) were in my car. Total fines were going to be about $400. Found a lawyer who does traffic violations. $350 and a week later, it was like it never happened.

Old 04-15-2007, 01:27 PM

+1. I fight every ticket no matter what. I'd rather pay a lawyer for doing something than pay the city and my insurance company for doing nothing.

BTW....if you get a good lawyer, you'll almost always win. I got a ticket a couple of years back for no seatbelt, and my lawyer got the court date postponed for nearly a year. I finally show up at court, and the case was dismissed.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:10 PM

Agreed. A buddie of mine is a cop and he says its best to fight traffic tickets. According to him half the time the officer doesn't show up for the small stuff a the case is dismissed.

Old 04-15-2007, 03:23 PM

you screwed up for even admitting 40

When I get pulled over, I don't even talk, Just give em my **** and dont answer their questions. UNLESS you think it may get you a smaller ticket.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:15 PM

i never admitted to going 40, i just told him i was going no where near 50. I'm pretty sure im gonna fight it just a matter of getting a lawyer or not.

Quick Reply: first metting with the PO