F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

First gear throttle hesitation +

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First gear throttle hesitation +

I just picked up my second bike yesterday! A 2003 Honda CBR600 F4i Its an amazing bike but I am having one problem. In first gear at low speeds, when keeping constant throttle, the bike feels like its going to die. The guy I bought it from (and his wife) said that they took it to the shop and they adjusted the idle higher to try to fix it, but it didn't work. They changed the oil, put new spark plugs in, and still nothing. The air filter was fine and im new to bikes so don't know if it could be a part related problem. My plan was to change the gas, clean out the tank, clean the throttle bodies to see if it had any carbon deposits and put some a little bit of sea foam, or fuel injector cleaner in the next few tanks of gas to clean the injectors and cylinders out a bit. Does any one have any experience with this sorta thing? Any help would be appreciated it.
Second of all, I'm looking for a decent but low priced/ used set of frame sliders AND a lowering kit (if thats what you call them for bikes) I'm 5'6 and would like to easily flat foot at all times. If you guys could point me to the right direction for this I'd appreciate it as I'm not even sure "lowering kit" is the correct terminology for bikes? I know they have adjustable wishbones, but I want to make sure I keep the front and back of the bike even. Thanks and hope to hear from you guys soon.