CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   First Fall Ever (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/first-fall-ever-121269/)

new06f4iowner 02-15-2011 09:54 PM

First Fall Ever

Today was a tough day. I dropped the bike at a stop light. Came to the stop light and when I went to put my feet down my jeans got caught around the heel gaurds some how. Of course the bike decided to lean on the side where I was stuck. So I was completely stopped and I made a graceful fall to the road. Luckily I held the clutch so it didn't try to take off. I got right back up with no scratces...side fairing is scratched sligtly, no cracks or bends. Suprisingly no one helped me. Kinda bothered me but I got the bike up and pulled it to the side to get it started back up. Walked away with no body injuries and slight scratches on fairing. Sucks people treat us this way. Im fine...pisses it happened, though it was an easy fall. Feel free to let he jokes begin...what a way to fall huh?

backyardmechanic 02-15-2011 10:12 PM

to be honest my jeans have gotten caught on my pegs plenty of times and the feeling is scary as hell, espicially around turns. Sh*t happens to the best of us man

crazychris1981 02-15-2011 10:27 PM

don't feel bad at least nothing was damaged, and most important you were not hurt...
last saturday i laid my bike down doing 25-30mph.. back tire spun i hit the front brake cause my rear isn't hooked up yet and did a face plant on street.. took 3 stitches to close up the hole right above my eye and got some road rash on my face..all because i didn't think i needed my helmet to just go down the street... tore the skin off my hands and a couple road rash spots on my legs....luckly i didn't brake and bones or fracture anything...

+1 on the jeans hanging up on heel guards...

new06f4iowner 02-15-2011 10:49 PM

Yea I guess if anyone was to fall. It would be the way I did. I just can't believe anyone didn't help me. I for it up on my own though. Just a memory to laugh at.

Kuroshio 02-15-2011 11:26 PM

:icon_laugh: :icon_laugh: :icon_laugh:

Here, this will make you feel better. Think I posted in there how I dropped my F3 twice in 5 minutes

The Noob Drop Thread

jp_greenville13 02-15-2011 11:27 PM

Lesson learner brother. I lowsided in november at about 25-30 and at least 10 cars just went right on by. Glad you're alright though

new06f4iowner 02-16-2011 08:20 AM

Looked at it this morning and noticed my exhaust from the headers is bent right at the swing arm...main part of pipe only has two small scratches. Might be able to get whole bike repainted for $200 ish...planned on doing that anyways. any way to fix the bent pipe? or just get a new one? i have the two bros m2 titanium color...the chrome pipe part is whats bent.

G3NESYS 02-16-2011 08:51 AM

ive never droppe dmine full force. ive had twice where i was in a gravel parking lot and my foot slipped and the bike got leaning too far for me to be able to save it, but then it was just a tap down on the stator cover and i could pull it back up. still made me mad.

i had the heel guard thing happen one time, i just forced my foot down to the ground, and ripped my jeans up to mid calf, lol.

the other ones was the first time i ever rode my bike, we unloaded it off the truck at the park down the road from my moms ( i lived there at the time), then i rode it down to my moms house. well there were little patches of ice around the side of the road, and me, not being very experienced, was trying to slow down without holding the clutch in, so it lunges fwd, then i hit a patch of ice and ride up in the neighbors yard and fall over, haha
it was so embarassing

AnthonyTxL 02-16-2011 08:51 AM

**** happens, man.

Could've been worse you know?

600F4inoober 02-16-2011 12:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by G3NESYS (Post 1015500)
i had the heel guard thing happen one time, i just forced my foot down to the ground, and ripped my jeans up to mid calf, lol.

I laughed so hard when I read this and got an image...

Ya the jeans thing has happened to me before...I wear wide legged jeans too...so i switch to skinnier floods when riding:) lol

Attachment 50392