CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Finally got my first bike!!! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/finally-got-my-first-bike-114392/)

pittsm 07-27-2010 07:31 AM

Finally got my first bike!!!

3 Attachment(s)
2003 CBR F4I
Attachment 54469
Attachment 54470
Attachment 54471

__Z__ 07-27-2010 07:33 AM

list of things to do lol

1) HURRY and remove those SLIDERS looks like someone decided to drill a hold in the frame and mount it there... i would def. remove them from that spot and mount them on the main part of the frame... or you could end up bending ur frame in a fall... :(
2) Non fuzzy seat covers lol

pittsm 07-27-2010 07:38 AM

lol, i wondered how long it would take someone to mention the furry seats. yeah they suck, and are getting reupholstered today. why are those sliders bad?

heyitsmelam 07-27-2010 07:58 AM

did they drill through the frame to get that slider on?

and those seats remind me of furry toilet lid covers.

pittsm 07-27-2010 08:01 AM

thanks for all the positive feedback, you guys are great! lol j/k i figured i'd take a ribbing on the covers. I got a guy dropping me off some vinyl today and imma recover it tonight.

__Z__ 07-27-2010 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by pittsm (Post 950992)
thanks for all the positive feedback, you guys are great! lol j/k i figured i'd take a ribbing on the covers. I got a guy dropping me off some vinyl today and imma recover it tonight.

LOL my bad... great looking bike... glad u decided to go f4i ;)

DBEAU 07-27-2010 08:50 AM

nice looking exhaust on there. Looks great man.

R Dub 07-27-2010 09:19 AM

Love the silver and black. It does look like they drilled through the frame to put those sliders on. Sliders are suppose to through an engine mount bolt. Not just a hole in the frame. I know they did it that way cause they didn't want to cut the fairings but if your going to do it do it right. If I were you I would get rid of the sliders ASAP A) cause the look awful B) In case of a fall I see those doing more harm then good by flipping the bike. It looks like he put those on AFTER the bike fell on the right side. Get a set of Vortex or Woodcraft and cut the fairings then you'll be set.

Was this guy a hippie? I mean seriously who puts shag carpet on the seats. At least he did both to match. Get rid of that ASAP. If I were you when you redo them you might want to add a little extra padding to the seat as to no hurt your bum on long rides.

I like to chrome rims. I think it sets off the bike nice. Interesting place for the license plate. Haven't seen it on the passenger peg before. But if it works leave it. Also I would look into a smoked DB windscreen. It would make it look sweet.

I noticed there was no chain guard. I would look into getting one as to not get your pants caught in it cause that would be horrible but also to not fling grease/dirt on your pants.

Sorry for the long post. Nice pick up.

HydroPrelude85 07-27-2010 09:25 AM

congrats on your first bike dude very nice choice minus the fuzzy seats but that's an easy fix enjoy it and ride safe bro

heyitsmelam 07-27-2010 09:40 AM

i say you re-cover the seats, but make the rest of the bike that fuzzy material. it'd be unique...i'm just saying.