F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

FI Light?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FI Light?

Sigh*

So when my bike gets warmed up and maybe after a minute or two of riding that stupid FI light glows red
and my speedo starts getting all kinda of crazy number for a few seconds ad then drops to zero. I
dont feel any difference in the bike its still smooth all around . I dont get it . From what i believe
the FI light is the equivalent of hondas Check Engine light. Any advice? get a scan tool maybe?
disconnect the battery? i am more of a do it yourself kinda of person , so i wont take it to a dealer
or shop unless seriously necessary. Thanks in advance

Old 04-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Default RE: FI Light?

I had the same problem start today! Very odd. Not sure what is going on, but the FI light comes on after a minute. Had to ride home about 5 miles like that, seemed to run fine. When I let it idle it usually goes off, or flickers on and off.

The only local Honda dealer(where I bought it in August), has no appointments available until the first week of May! Friggan ridiculous...

Old 04-04-2006, 09:49 PM

Well, I fixed mine. The problem was that I bumped a dip switch on my Speedo-Healer and switch #5 was stuck halfway between off and on and that was causing the FI light to come on. I reset it and put all switches down and then went out ripping up some back roads and no more FI light.

Old 04-05-2006, 12:20 AM

ORIGINAL: SquireSCA

I had the same problem start today! Very odd. Not sure what is going on, but the FI light comes on after a minute. Had to ride home about 5 miles like that, seemed to run fine. When I let it idle it usually goes off, or flickers on and off.

The only local Honda dealer(where I bought it in August), has no appointments available until the first week of May! Friggan ridiculous...

thats exactly what happens to me. Except i dont have a speedo healer

Old 04-05-2006, 12:22 AM

I was looking at a F4I to buy that had a FI light blinking and I posted about it and I belive Icefox was the one that helped me

If you don't know how to pull the code on this bike... turn the ignition off and remove the front seat and short the service check connector with a jumper wire. Turn the ignition on and the engine kill switch to run. Count the blinks of the FI light and if you don't have the definitions of the code, just post how many times it was blinking and I can look it up for you if you like.

Hope this helps you Good luck all