F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

A few questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 04:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few questions

Hey everyone. Got a few questions.. No specific topic.. So I'll just make one post instead of several.

First Question- Front wheel Steering Stabilizer... I've been hearing what an awesome difference this can make. Exactly what improvements, or benifits will I notice? Most people just say "they're awesome", or "they make a huge difference".. What are some of the main things I will notice from a stabilizer, and also, what are some of your suggestions as to which brand to get? How difficultto install?

Second Question-I seem to be having a lot of troublestanding the bikeupwhen im in second gear. Isee guyspicking up the front and walking their 600sat70+ mph, and it looks like they use almost no effort at all getting the front end up. They just hop on the back pegs,give a little throttle and bounce, and the front end just comes up like nothing.I canget mine up, butI have to put a hell of a lot of work into pulling it up.I have to pullhard on the handle bars, anddamn near jump on the back pegs to get it to stand up.Is this just a practice thing, or am I doing something wrong? BTW, Im only about 125 lbs. I figure that couldbemaking it a little more difficult for me than the bigger guys. Any tips?

Third Question- I've seen some led kits on ebay that change the color of the gauge panel. Have any of you done this? And if so, how difficult of a job is it? I'd really like to change the ugly orange to white.

And last question- Other than the fact that it looks pretty damn cool, or you drag race and want to keep the front end down, does "stretching" a bike have any real benifits?

Old 10-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Default RE: A few questions

1.Steering Damperis for better control at high speed, like on the freeway. I have been on bikes with them and without them, and i would say there nice if you travel alot at high speed, again to help maintain control, it stops the front wheel from going where it wants. But they are a luxury item. So if you have around 400 to drop on one. go ahead.

2. Do the people you ride with have bigger sprockets? that could be one reason why they can pull it up at a higher speed. But for the most part its all about feel. It just takes practice.

3. I did it in a car that that was a big project but on a bike it would be fairly simple. Im sure there are how to on this site. If not here just search.

4. There is no reason to rake out the back tire, Unless you drag. I hate the look of a raked out back tire.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:15 PM

Hello cbr slim t, welcome to the forum, to answer some of your questions, a front wheel steering stabilizer will help you keep the bike more solid when you are at higher speeds, a bit expensive to get.

To stand the bike up in second gear, the way to do it is get it up in first and then once your at your balance point quickly shift into second. Are you clutching it up or using the powerband?

As for LED's, they are not hard to install, just takes some time and patience of where you want to place them.

Stretching the bike will improve your chances of not lifting the front end up on a drag strip, but if you do this you candecrease the amount ofyour wheelies if your not at the drags.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:23 PM

Thanks for the answers guys.
Thepeople I seepicking their bikes up with ease mayhave bigger sprockets. That couldverywell be the reasonthe front comes up so easily. I'll have to ask them next week when we ride again.